It's time to guess what the August "Best of 25 Years" stamp theme will be!
Enter On My Facebook Page—Simply "Like" my Too Cool Stamping Facebook Page AND post your guess on the wall to participate in this contest. If
you guess right, I'll enter you in a drawing to win my August "Best
of…" Card Kit with all the supplies to create three cards with the
featured stamp set.
One guess per person please. US
residents only. Contest ends July 31, 2013, at 11:50pm EDT.
Don't have a Facebook account? Simply send an email with your guess.
Just a reminder that there is only a few days left of the Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper promotion! That means you're getting these awesome paper packs for 25% off! I just placed another order to stock up again last night!
Place your order NOW at my Online Store!
Today's card design is another one from last week's "Last Thursdays" class, and like the Modern Medley Scallop Ruffles card, it's perfect for using up your smaller strips of Designer Paper!
This one showcases the soft and pretty patterns from the Afternoon Picnic DSP.
If the patterns look familiar, they should! We saw this same paper in a different color combination in the Spring Catalog…called Tea For Two. I like it even better in these new colors!
Inspired by Deb Valder at Stampladee.com.
I CASEd this card from a swap created by one of my Convention roommates, Nelda Machovsky *waves to Nelda!*. It's another way to create an amazing background with our double-sided DSP! And, it's much easier than it looks!
Folded Designer Series Paper Chevron
- Cut 5 strips of any DSP: 2-1/2" x 1".
- Fold 3 of the strips like the first example above: fold the left top flush to the bottom and the right bottom flush to the top.
- Fold 2 of the strips like the second example above: fold the left bottom flush to the top and the right top flush to the bottom.
- On a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of card stock, begin by adhering one of the three strips with the same fold. You'll adhere it flush to the side with the tip of the fold flush to the top for this card design.
- Continue alternating the two different folds across the card front. It's a tight fit, so you may have to slightly overlap the folds.
You can see that I folded all of my papers so that the Wisteria Wonder folded back to create the diamond shapes on my first card.
After I adhered the papers, I ran the card through the Big Shot with the Delicate Designs Embossing Folders and wrapped the piece with 3/8" Pear Pizzazz Taffeta Ribbon before mounting it on a Wisteria Wonder card base.
For the sentiment, I used the Itty Bitty Banners and matching Bitty Banners Framelits. I die-cut the second Pear Pizzazz card stock banner at the same time, then cut it in half to allow it to peek out from underneath the greeting. I also trimmed a small slice off the top and bottom of the Pear layer, so it the edges wouldn't show as much.
For the second version, I changed up the colors and accents just a bit.
I folded the DSP the opposite way and accented it with retired Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon.
I also embossed it with the Needlepoint Border Folder, changed up the colors on the sentiment layers, and mounted the front on a Pear Pizzazz card base.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Itty Bitty Banners (wood)
- Ink—Wisteria Wonder (card #1), Pear Pizzazz (card #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Afternoon Picnic DSP; Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—3/8" Pear Pizzazz Taffeta Ribbon (card #1), Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon (card #2, retired), Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Delicate Designs Texture Impressions Folders (card #1), Needlepoint Border Texture Impressions Folders (card #2), Bitty Banners Framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!