►Check Out My Too Cool Stamping Classes!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for my complete class schedule!
- Or, see details about the newest Spring class additions!
Sale-A-Brate 3 Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Shop—FREE Sale-A-Bration Items For Every $50 Order! Shop now!
- Host—$30 More Hostess Dollars With A $300 Party! Host a party!
- Join—$150 Worth of Stampin' Supplies For Only $99! Join now!
►Browse the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF to see choices!
►►►Anything Goes Open Stamp Night Is March 6!◄◄◄
Thursday, March 6 from 5:30-9pm, Too Cool Stamping Studio in Fort Wayne, In.
Come On Over & Stamp With Me! It's sure more fun when you're stamping with friends! I'd love for you to join me in my Too Cool Stamping Studio for open stamp & chat time! Nothing formal, just bring your own projects and let's stamp together!
It's the perfect time to:
Finish up stamping (or other craft) projects!
- Try out new products for the first time!
- Use stamps & tools you don't have yet!
- Get personal training on techniques!
- Ask me questions and brainstorm ideas!
- Mingle with members of my Demo Team!
- Pick up orders!
Come when you want, stay as long as you want! Bring your own adhesive, inks, consumable supplies, and snacks!
Class Make-Ups! If you've missed a previous class because of the crazy weather, this is the time to make up your class! I have several people who still need to complete their Sale-a-Bration Kick-Off Party cards, so I'll have all of the supplies for those projects ready for you. If you're planning to come and finish up any other class, just let me know in advance so I can gather up the supplies you'll need.
Upcoming Anything Goes Nights—I'll be offering these open stamp nights as I can fit them into my schedule. Check my Calendar of Events for dates.
* * * * *
March Optional Project: Create two cool Sale-A-Bration make & take cards for $5.00!
RSVP is not necessary, but appreciated!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I was playing around with a another fun project idea that was presented at the Leadership Conference back in January. I've mentioned before that they were highlighting ombré and dip-dyed techniques because they are very trendy looks in papercrafting right now.
Today's two cool projects show you a couple ways you can easily achieve a dip-dyed look.
I experimented with the two techniques on a cute bookmark. The bookmarks measure 5-1/2" x 2" and were punched at the top with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch and tied with 1/8" Bermuda Bay Ribbon.
Let's get a closer look at each technique…
Dip-Dye Ink Pad Technique—I used plain Whisper White card stock and a direct-to-paper ink technique to make the gradation of colors for the first project.
I started near the top and pulled a Soft Sky Ink Pad down the length of the bookmark. Next, I moved down the bookmark a bit, then pulled a Coastal Cabana Ink Pad down it. I continue the process with Bermuda Bay and finished with Island Indigo.
Pop-Up Butterfly—Did you notice how the larger butterfly is not a separate layer, it is popping right out of the actual bookmark? I used the Elegant Butterfly Punch to half-punch the card stock, then I bent the wings to look like the butterfly was emerging from the paper. Too cool!
TIP: It is REALLY easy to accidently punch all the way through the paper. I found it helpful to stick my finger between the punch levers to create a "stop," then slowly and carefully pushed down as far as my finger would let it. Be sure to experiment with this on scraps first, because it's very likely that our fingers are not the same size! (Did I just tell you to pinch your finger in the punch? Oh my! I usually caution you against that!)
I popped a Bitty Butterfly punch, colored in Soft Sky ink, on top with some Rhinestone Jewel accents.
Dip-Dye Watercolor Wash Technique—My second project was made by doing watercolor washes on Watercolor Paper. I used my Aqua Painter to paint on Soft Sky, then Coastal Cabana, then Bermuda Bay, and finally Island Indigo. I really like the soft, blended colors on this bookmark the best!
Once the bookmark was dry, I did the same half-punched butterfly accent on this version.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Lots of Thanks (wood)
- Ink—StazOn Black; Soft Sky, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo Classic Ink
- Paper—Watercolor Paper (project #2); Whisper White card stock (project #1)
- Accessories—1/8" Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Aqua Painter (project #2), Dimensionals
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Be sure to follow my Too Cool Stamping Facebook Page to see answers to all kinds of stamping questions in my helpful "Ask Angie" posts! Who knows, maybe your question will be featured next!
Hope to stamp with you soon!
Too Cool Events!
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—March 6, 5:30-9pm
- Happenings Cards & Card Box—Register by March 6, on March 19
- Wow Techniques Class—March 14, 6:30pm
- Perfect Pennants Stamp-of-the Month Kit—Register by March 15.
Don't Miss These!