LAST CHANCE REMINDERS!
- October Countdown To Christmas—Registration opens Aug. 29.
- September Countdown To Christmas Class—Sept. 7
- Too Cool Demo Shoebox Swap—September 9
- Wow Techniques Class—September 13
- Faux Patina Week—September 16-22
Save 15% Off Butterfly Bundle
Order the Butterfly Bundle at my Online Store!
NEW Best of Autumn Set Now Available!
The new "Best of 25 Years" Collector Set was released a little early. As many of you guessed in my Facebook contest, September's themed set is Best of Autumn
(#134390)! Congratulations to Marie Whitworth who was randomly selected as the winner of my Best of Autumn Card Kit!
Check Out All of The Best of 25 Years Sets—See all the "Best of 25 Years" Collector sets,
which are all available through March 31, 2014. Plus, learn how you
can earn two free $14.95 stamp sets of your choice for collecting
them. Save your stickers and download your Collector's Card.
Order the Best of Autumn set from my Online Store!
Faux Patina Friday—Purple Chevron Gift Box
For the next three Fridays I'll be sharing a project using the gorgeous Faux Patina Technique! It's a little teaser to promote my week-long Faux Patina Showcase on September 16-22! You won't want to miss it!
Faux Patina Week is also my birthday week, so I'll be celebrating with special contests and surprises!
I used the Faux Patina Technique on two quarter sheets of paper, then cut them up to cover and decorate the box.
Step-by-Step Faux Patina Recipe:
- Ink Chevron Embossing Folder with Smoky Slate, and emboss Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock.
- Sponge on Crisp Cantaloupe Ink
- Sponge on Melon Mambo Ink
- Sponge on Elegant Eggplant Ink
- Sponge on Night of Navy Ink
- Stamp Gorgeous Grunge (wood) splotches over entire piece with VersaMark Ink
- Sprinkle on Gold Embossing Powder and heat with a Heat Tool until glossy and smooth
One faux patina sheet was cut up into four 3-1/4" x 1-1/4" pieces, which were adhered to the sides of the box.
The top of the box is covered with a 3-3/4" x 3-3/4" piece. I used the Circle Collection Framelits to cut the hole out of the center for the window.
Window Cutting TIP: Die-cut a Post-It note with the 2-1/4" wide Circle Framelit, then position it sticky-side-up over the window. Next, lay the faux patina sheet over the top, so the circle sticky becomes positioned in the center, then use it as a guide to die-cut the hole.
I punched a Pansy Punch flower from the remaining purple chevron paper, then layered it onto an Elegant Eggplant Blossom Punch flower with Dimensionals. The Faceted Button is tied with Linen Thread and adhered to the top with a couple Glue Dots.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Gorgeous Grunge (wood)
- Ink—VersaMark Ink; Smoky Slate, Crisp Cantaloupe, Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Night of Navy Classic Ink
- Paper—Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Decorative Window Gift Box, Gold Embossing Powder, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Linen Thread
- Tools—Circle Collection Framelits, Chevron Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, 1" Circle Punch, Pansy Punch, Blossom Punch, Heat Tool, Sponges, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
I love using Faux Patina for altering gift packaging and as accents on cards! Be sure to mark your calendars for Faux Patina Week coming up on September 16-22 to see more!
Want to learn more about my Faux Patina Technique? Check out the Faux Patina Resource Page!