Too Cool Happenings!
- Join For $50 Starter Kit Offer
- Browse the NEW Annual Catalog Online PDF
- LAST CALL! Ends Thursday! Sign Up For The Too Cool Paper Share
- LAST DAY to Register! June Regarding Dahlias Class Kit
- Schedule A "BIG" Card Party To Earn Hostess Rewards!
June 26, 6:30pm, Too Cool Stamping Studio
Are you in the Fort Wayne, IN, area? Come to my Too Cool Stamping Studio and make 4 cards with envelopes for just $10 OR your class is FREE with a minimum order placed at the event! RSVP by Wednesday, June 25. Class-To-Go Kits available by request.
This time, we'll be using lots of new catalog stuff: 6 new stamp sets, 3 new papers, 2 new punches, 1 new embossing folder, plus new washi tape and ribbon!
Paper Share Update: I have only ONE MORE space open in my last Too Cool Paper Share group! The deadline to sign up is tomorrow! First person to contact me gets to participate and I'll place the order for paper tomorrow!
Speaking of one more, I've got one more card design to share with you from the "Last Thursdays" class coming up tomorrow. Will you be joining us? RSVP by 5pm today if you want to come! Hope to see you there.
Not it the area, but still want to make the cards? Class-To-Go Kits are available by request.
This cheerful birthday card is perfect for any age birthday! Those balloons are so adorable, don't you think?!
CASEd from Ronda Wade at My Stamping Best Friend.
The first card is an exact CASE of a card created by Ronda Wade. It was so cute, I HAD to make it, and you'll love making it, too! It's so fun and easy!
Backgrond Basics—The card starts with a 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" piece of Crushed Curry card stock that's embossed with the Decorative Dots Folder and layered on a 3-3/4" x 5" Whisper White mat.
Before adhering the background to the Coastal Cabana card base, I wrapped a piece of White Baker's Twine around the bottom edge and adhered it with SNAIL to the middle of the card to represent the balloon string. Now, we're ready to make the balloon…
Washi Tape Balloon—The balloon is decorated with the pretty new Beach House Washi Tape. It's super easy to duplicate:
- Lay different colors of washi tape side-by-side on a 3-1/2 x 3-1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Punch a circle shape out of the washi tape background with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.
- Punch a large flower from Whisper White card stock with the Boho Blossoms Punch and adhere behind the washi tape circle to create the "tie" of the balloon.
- Adhere a White Baker's Twine bow to the "tie" of the balloon with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Pop up the balloon with some Dimensionals.
Ronda Wade has a video tutorial to show you exactly how to create this Washi Tape Balloon Card.
Sweet Sentiment—The birthday greeting is from the So Very Happy set. I stamped it in Momento Black Ink onto Whisper White card stock, then colored in the letters with a Real Red Marker. It's punched with the Oval Punch and layered onto a Coastal Cabana Scallop Oval Punch.
I thought it would be fun to make different size balloons for my second card, so I cut those with the Circle Collection Framelits. I angled the balloon strings to make them appear to be tied together.
I also tried the new Zig Zag Texture Impressions Folder for the background, because you can see the same pattern on one of the Beach House Washi Tapes. It's all about coordination, baby!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—So Very Happy (wood)
- Ink—Momento Tuxedo Black Ink; Real Red Marker
- Paper—Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Beach House Washi Tape, White Baker's Twine
- Tools—Circles Collection Framelits (card #2), Big Shot, Decorative Dots Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Zig Zag Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
- Local Class is Thursday, July 10!
- Class-To-Go Kits available!
- Card-Only Kits available to demonstrators!