- Coming Soon: Retiring Lists To Be Announced April 24
- $30 in FREE Stuff: NEW Hostess & Starter Kit Promo!
- Reminder: Last Thursdays Class On April 25 – RSVP!
If you could see me right now, you'd see me jumping up and down with excitement about these two cool cards! It's the second card in my Best of Butterflies Kit for my club members and I love, love, love it!
I selected the background papers come from Patio Party, because I thought that cute, mini butterflies pattern would be perfect. They are layered on a matching Summer Starfruit card base.
I cut a Labels Collection Framelit die-cut from Whisper White to layer on top of the background and stamped a Perfectly Penned sentiment on it in StazOn Black ink.
The monarch butterfly image from Best of Butterflies is so beautiful and begging to be colored!
Faux Stained Glass—Rather than stamping on regular card stock, I heat embossed the image onto Vellum card stock. Using markers that coordinated with the paper—Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals and Baja Breeze—I colored on the back of the image. The colors show through the vellum creating a soft, stained glass effect! Sweet!
The butterfly was hand-cut and adhered in the center with a Glue Dot, so the wings could be free and bent upward. Just look at that beauty!
The horizontal version uses the same paper, but I chose the flip-side of the butterflies print. The sentiment is from Feel Goods and I embossed it to match the butterfly this time.
Here's an up-close of the second butterfly, which I colored a little differently.
Thanks so much to Rita Berning who inspired me to try the Faux Stained Glass technique with her card from last week's Sunday Showcase! Too Cool!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Best of Butterflies, Perfectly Penned (card #1), Feel Goods (card #2)
- Ink—StazOn Ink (card #1); VersaMark Ink (card #2); Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals and Baja Breeze Markers
- Paper—Vellum Card Stock; Patio Party DSP; Summer Starfruit and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Black Embossing Powder
- Tools—Labels Collection Framelits, Big
Shot, Heat Tool, Glue Dots,
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Me and several of my team members signed up for the Stampin' Up! Convention this week! It's not until July, but it's gonna be a HUGE event celebrating their 25th Anniversary! We are already getting excited! EEEEeeeee!
Want to join us at the Convention in Salt Lake City? Join My Team today!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- Sale-A-Bration Celebration FREE Stamp Camp—April 20, 1-3pm
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Class—April 25
- Wow Technique Class—May 10
Promotions & New Product Quick Links