- Reminder: Tonight's "Last Thursdays" Class Rescheduled.
- Reminder: Guess The Next "Best of…" Stamp Set To Win!
- Reminder: Starter Kit Promotion Extended Thru March 31!
- Reminder: 50% off Fabric Frenzy thru March 31.
This is my favorite pair of cards from my Best of Flowers card kit going out to my Best of 25 Years club members this month.
It's actually a CASE of a Because I Care Two-Sheet-Wonder Card project, originally designed by Chiaki Haverstick, that Darla Eigenschink shared with our Too Cool Demo Team a couple years ago. If you're looking for a great card set gift idea, be sure to check out Chiaki's tutorial: Two-Sheet-Wonder Card Tote.
The images from both sets are so similar and I didn't have a chance to try this project before Because I Care was retired, so I was excited to have the chance to do it again!
I layered the Basic Black card base with a 5-1/4" x 4" sheet of Whisper White that was randomly stamped with the hydrangea in StazOn Black. It appears a bit lighter only because I was in need of re-inking my pad. TIP: Always have a refill on hand with the StazOn. That ink tends to dry quickly on the paper and in the pad.
Next, I texture
embossed a piece of 3” x 4-1/4” Baja Breeze card stock with the Lacy Brocade Folder Texture Impressions Folder and adhered it to the card with SNAIL.
The hydrangea image was stamped onto a piece of 2-1/4” x 3-1/2” Whisper
White card stock, leaving room for a sentiment at the bottom. I colored the image with Baja Breeze and Lucky
Limeade Markers. On the flower petals, I kind of dabbed on the color so there were white spaces and not solid color.
At the bottom of the piece, I stamped a
Bloomin’ Marvelous (now retired) sentiment in StazOn Black. Then, I wrapped the
stamped piece with a 1/8” Baja Breeze Taffeta Ribbon, which was tied in a double-knot and trimmed.
Finally, I matted the entire piece onto a 2-3/8” x 3-5/8” layer of Basic Black card stock with SNAIL, and adhered it to the card front
I love the look of my horizontal version, too, but I added a little extra something on this one. Can you see the Dazzling Diamonds on the flower? Click the image to enlarge it to see the details. Ooohh, so sparkly!
Complete Supply List:
of Flowers, Bloomin’ Marvelous (retired)
- Ink—StazOn Black Ink; Baja Breeze and Lucky Limeade Markers
Black, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White card stock
Baja Breeze Taffeta Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds (card #2)
Brocade Texture Impressions Folder, Big
Shot, 2-Way Glue Pen (card #2), Dimensionals,
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
CONTEST! Win An April "Best of…" Card Kit!
What do you think April's "best of…" theme will be? Any guesses?
If you think you know, add your guess to the Comments section. If
you guess right, I'll enter you in a drawing to win my April "Best
of…" Card Kit with all the supplies to create three cards with the
featured stamp set.
UPDATE: Where IS the Comment Box? The Comment Section is located at the bottom of the original blog post. If you don't see the comment box, look for the Comments link at the end of the post.
If you're reading this post from your email in-box, you'll need to either go to my actual blog post and scroll to the bottom, or simply reply to this email and submit your guess. Sorry for any confusion!
One guess per person please. US residents only please. Contest ends March 31 at 11:50pm MT.
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription. Sign up by April 10.
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- A Round Array Bundle—New catalog sneak peek thru May 30.
- NEW Price on MDS—Now only $19.95 for full software & content!
- The Basics Online Class—34 project lessons, only $14.95
- Photopolymer All-Clear Stamps—New Designer Typeset set!
- Fabric Frenzy—50% off all fabrics thru March 31.
- Starter Kit Promotion Extended—Thru March 31!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Rescheduled to April 3
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—April 8
- Wow Techniques Class—April 12
- Sale-A-Bration Celebration FREE Stamp Camp—April 20, 1-3pm