My apologies to Katy Perry! Can you believe it's only one week until July 4th! Wow! This summer is flying by! I thought I'd try a couple of red, white and blue cards to celebrate the season!
Have you noticed how much the large image from the Betsy's Blossom set looks kinda like fireworks?! I decided to experiment with some bursts of patriotic color on these Two Cool cards!
And, considering my area in Indiana is under a servere drought, with 104° temps and high winds forecasted for tomorrow, and a fire watch and burn ban in place…these may be the ONLY fireworks we see this year! *sigh*
On this version, I used Pacific Point, Real Red and Bashful Blue for the color combination.
Each firework is sparkling with Dazzling Diamonds and a Rhinestone Jewel in the center.
I finished off the card with Pacific Point 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and a Real Red Perfectly Penned sentiment.
The second card uses a darker combination: Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist and Bashful Blue.
I stamped more colorful bursts onto scrap Whisper White card stock, then cut out smaller shapes to pop up on the fireworks for dimension. Rather than Dazzling Diamonds glitter, I tried Dazzling Details glitter glue. I like the finished look of the glitter glue better, but it did make the ink bleed a bit, and it took a while to dry.
This card is finished with Rhinestone Jewels and Cherry Cobbler Scallop Polka Dot Ribbon.
- Stamps—Betsy's Blossoms, Perfectly Penned
- Ink—Pacific Point, Real Red, and Bashful Blue (card #1), Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, and Bashful Blue (card #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Pacific Point, Real Red, and Whisper White (card #1), Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler,and Whisper White (card #2) card stock
- Accessories—Pacific Point 1/4" Stitched Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Scallop Dots Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Dazzling Details, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Paper Snips, 2-way glue, SNAIL, Dimensionals
Order all of the supplies used on today's projects, at my Online Store!
Off to do a rain dance!