Events & Specials Quick Links!
- Big Shot & Bundles Special—Now Thru August 31
- NEW Blendabilities Markers Class—August 20
- NEW Countdown To Christmas Holiday Card Classes—Registration open!
- NEW Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- 50% Off Paper Pumpkin Kits—Ends September 10
- Browse the Annual Catalog Online PDF
I'd like to give a big shout-out to my Too Cool Demo Team members who joined me at our meeting last night! Everyone shared so many fabulous ideas, both business and creative! I'm always so re-energized after spending time with these amazing ladies! Thanks, team!
* * * * *
NEW Weekly Deals! It's Tuesday, which means it's time for brand new Weekly Deals! If you own a Big Shot, you're gonna love what's on sale this week: Envelope Liner Framelits, Petite Purse Die, Rosette Designer Die, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and more! If you don't have the Big Shot yet, now is the time to get one, so you can get a FREE exclusive Bundle with this month's Big Shot & Bundles special. Weekly Deals are good thru August 18, 2014.
* * * * *
Just Released—Yee-Haw Photopolymer Set! Howdy, pardner! It's time to kick up your boots for a fun, cowboy-themed, all-clear stamp set! Wouldn't this make a cute birthday invitation or scrapbook page? I love all of the country images! This huge, 25-piece Yee-Haw Photopolymer stamp set is $25.95. #138107
Here are a couple of project ideas for the Yee-Haw set and you can see more here. Love that muslin sheriff treat bag! Yeehaw!
* * * * *
OK, how about a peek at another one of my Blendabilities Class cards?! Have you signed up yet?
Pretty Purple Projects—Blendabilities are awesome for coloring and shading on Whisper White, but I wanted my class attendees to experience how much fun it is to do a more monochromatic blended look. I also wanted to show how pretty it is to color a white embossed image.
Background Basics—I started with a 5-1/2" x 1-3/4" piece of Perfect Plum that I texture embossed with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder (which happens to be on sale as part of the Weekly Deals this week!). It's adhered to a Blackberry Bliss card base.
Embossed Poppies—I stamped the Pleasant Poppies background stamp on a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock, then embossed it with the White Embossing Powder. I used the Labels Collection Framelits to cut out the background and layered that on another larger die-cut in Basic Gray.
Blended Poppies—I didn't want my blooms to get too dark, so I used only two shades of my Wisteria Wonder Blendabilities Markers. I started by adding a thin line of the darkest shade at the bottom and centers of the flowers with the fine nib. Then, I added the lightest color with the brush tip. I also highlighted a small part of each bloom with the Color Lifter Marker.
It's difficult to see the difference, but I used the Smoky Slate light marker brush tip to carefully paint on the stem colors.
Colored Ribbon—Another technique we'll try at the class is altering the color of ribbon. You will be amazed how easy it is to transform any white or vanilla ribbon into a matching accent! Here, I colored the White Organza Ribbon with the Smoky Slate marker. Look at that gorgeous, silver sheen! So pretty!
You can technically do this with the Stampin Write Markers, too, but the Blendabilities alcohol-based ink is permanent and blends so well that you won't see any brush strokes on the fabric.
TIPS For Coloring Ribbon: I used the brush tip to saturate one side of the ribbon with color first, then turned it over and filled in color where needed to create a solid look.
The color also dries quickly, so you can tie it immediately. I just made a double-knot and trimmed the edges, then attached it to the card front with a Glue Dot.
My second vertical version has a background strip embossed with the Decorative Dots Folder.
Sweet Sentiment—Sentiments from both cards are from the Petite Pairs set, stamped in Perfect Plum, punched out with an oval punch and popped up with Dimensionals.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Pleasant Poppies (wood), Petite Pairs (wood)
- Ink—VersaMark; Wisteria Wonder and Smoky Slate Blendabilities Markers; Color Lifter; Perfect Plum Classic Ink
- Paper—Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Blackberry Bliss and Basic Gray card stock
- Accessories—White Organza Ribbon, White Embossing Powder
- Tools—Labels Collection Framelits, Fancy Fan Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Decorative Dots Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big Shot, Small Oval Punch (card #1), Large Oval Punch (card #2), Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
Today's project is just one of the 5 cards we'll be creating at my TC Stamper Sampler Class Featuring Blendabilities on Wednesday, August 20.
Class-To-Go Kits are available, and you can receive a FREE class kit when you purchase 4 or more Blendabilities Markers using the GQDEHG3D Hostess Code. See details.
Hope to see you there!
Have You Seen These?
- NEW Remaining 6 Blendabilities Markers Now Available!
- NEW Project Life Product Line—Quick & easy memory keeping system!
- Pre-Paid Paper Pumpkin Subscriptions—Now available for easy ordering!
- NEW Arrivals—See the latest product releases!
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!