- Retired Accessories While Supplies Last! Order Now!
- See The Complete Retired Stamps List
- 25% Off MDS Kits & Print Products—Shop Now!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Carmen DeBruce is the featured stamper for today's Demo Team shoebox swap birthday card. Her card highlights one of my favorite Color Refresh colors: Bermuda Bay!
Designed by Carmen DeBruce, CASEd from Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts.
Woohoo! It's another cool way to use the gorgeous Swallowtail butterfly stamp! I love it! We started by stamping the image in Bermuda Bay Classic Ink onto Vellum card stock, then embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. The ink will stay wet enough to hold the powder since it's on the non-porous vellum surface.
I love how the embossing looks on the vellum, but the best part is the white highlights we added next!
Simply turn over the card stock and, using a stylus, color on the back where you want white to show through. We used a Piercing Mat underneath for a little "give" when we were coloring.
We layered the vellum onto a Whisper White card stock base that had two squares of Bermuda Bay underneath for a lovely contrast. We added a Glue Dot to the center and the corners are secured with Mini Silver Brads.
The sentiment from Bring On The Cake was stamped in Black StazOn Ink, again because the Classic Ink doesn't dry well on the vellum. It's adhered to the card front with two Glue Dots.
Thanks so much for your fun and festive swap card, Jodi!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Swallowtail, Bring On The Cake
- Ink—Black StazOn; Bermuda Bay (coming soon) Classic Ink
- Paper—Vellum card stock; Bermuda Bay (coming soon) and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Mini Silver Brads, Clear Embossing Powder
- Tools—Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Glue Dots, 1/16" Hole Punch, Stylus, Piercing Mat, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Promotions & New Arrivals Quick Links