We made a really cute and quick note card set at the Lansing Regional I attended last month and if you need a quick gift for a friend, for the holidays or anytime, this is a fantastic idea!
Start with the blank Note Cards & Envelopes from the catalog. You get 20 pre-scored, 5-1/8" x 3-5/8" Whisper White note cards with matching envelopes, and they're only $5.95! This gift idea only uses 4 cards, so you would have enough to make 5 gift sets!
For our make & take project, we did some collage layering with the awesome Clockworks stamp set. We started by inking the largest image in Pool Party and stamping off once before stamping on the card.
(And, while you're at it, don't forget to stamp some matching envelopes!)
Next, we stamped the clock image, which was made up of four parts, in Basic Gray. TIP: Use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for accurate positioning. You can really tell if the circles aren't lined up. I eyeballed and they didn't turn out well (I won't even show you my other three clocks, because they look deformed! Savador Dali would be proud!)
Then we layered the smaller elements in More Mustard, Gumball Green, and Calypso Coral on top.
My favorite part of this set was the beautiful way that we packaged up the note cards in a pretty, vellum envelope. The colorful stamped cards show through enough so you don't need to decorate the vellum, plus the transparency entices you to want to see what's inside! Love it!
For your envelope, you'll need a 7-1/4" square sheet of Vellum Card Stock and the Simply Scored tool with the Diagonal Plate. Score at 3-1/8" at opposite corners, and at 2-1/8" at the remaining opposite corners. Where the two score lines intersect, snip out those to make little notches. Fold in the short sides, and then the longer ones.
Finish off your package by wrapping it with Calypso Coral Baker's Twine and adding a cute tag. I stamped some scrap Whisper White with the large Clockworks image in Pool Party, stamped a Fabulous Phrases sentiment, then punched it out with a 1" Circle Punch.
SNAIL-FREE Alert! I just realized that I didn't use SNAIL adhesive, or any other adhesive for that matter, on this entire project! That may be a first! Whoa!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Clockworks, Fabulous Phrases
- Ink—Pool Party, More Mustard, Calypso Coral, Gumball Green and Basic Gray Classic Ink
- Paper—Note Cards & Envelopes; Vellum card stock; Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, Calypso Coral Baker's Twine
- Tools—Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Simply Scored, Diagonal Plate, Paper Snips, 1-16" Hole Punch, 1" Circle Punch
You can find all the supplies to create this project and more at my Online Store!
Mark Your Calendar! Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—Dec. 10, 6pm
- Wow Techniques Class—Dec. 14, 6:30pm. RSVP by Dec. 13.
- Procrastinator's Open Stamp Night—Dec. 18, 6pm-10pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Dec. 27, 6:30pm.
- Spring Catalog "Kick-Off" Party—Jan. 6, 1pm.
Holiday Catalog Quick Links!
December Promos Quick Links!