My Wow Techniques Class is tomorrow—can't believe it's already the second Friday of the month!
If you're in the Fort Wayne area and would like to join us, I still have a few openings left just for you! Please let me know by 9pm tonight!
See my Wow Techniques Class page for details and how to get your class for FREE every month by signing up for my Stamp Club!
This month we'll be doing three Wow! projects:
- Collage Curios Squares—Learn an easy way to flatten the Soda Pop Tops and use the new Collage Curios stamp set for collage fun!
- Petal Cone Heart Pouch—A fun hanging treat or gift holder that's just in time for Valentine's Day. We'll try out the new Creped Filter Paper for a soft & pretty flower.
- Patterned Occasions Folded Frame—Learn a simple way to fold a frame to highlight your stamped images.
I'll be posting the other two projects soon, but here is the first one…
CASEd from Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty.
Don't these two cool cards remind you of a curio shadow box wall hanging. I love it! My Wow! class participants will be able to choose which color to try at our class tomorrow!
I used the beautiful Sale-A-Bration Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper to determine my color palette of Summer Starfruit, Rich Razzleberry and Pool Party.
I started with a Summer Starfuit card base, then added a 4" x 5-1/4" layer of Rich Razzleberry. Each of the squares is punched with a 1-1/4" Square Punch.
It's fun to figure out how to decorate each of the blocks and the possibilities are endless! Any small stamps and embellishments are great! Collage Curios and Ciao, Baby! are the perfect size, stamps, but there are lots of others like Itty Bitty Bits, Tiny Tags, and A Fitting Occasion.
- Start with coordinating Designer Papers that have small patterns.
- Use the "Rule of Three" when laying out your squares. Three of the same patterned paper, three of the same color of card stock, three white stamped squares, three squares with Rhinestones, etc.
- Design in "triangles" As you lay out the "threes," position them so that they create points of an imaginary triangle. For example, if you drew a line connecting my three white or starfruit squares, they would make a triangle. It won't work out every time, but it's much more pleasing to the eye to do it as much as possible.
I smashed one of the smaller Soda Pop Tops by running it through the Big Shot between two cutting pads and on top of the Multipurpose Platform with no tabs (both tabs open). This rounds and smooths the edges while still leaving room for a 1/2" Circle punch-out to fit inside the center.
I layered it on a 7/8" Scallop Circle punch from Pool Party card stock.
I embossed each of the Summer Starfruit squares. For one, I used the Needlepoint Border and topped it with a "love" image from Ciao, Baby! that was punched with the Sale-a-Bration Petite Curly Label Punch.
The Eiffel Tower is my favorite stamped block. I love all of the colored layers. No rhyme or reason, just layered!
I followed the same basic recipe for the Pool Party version, simply swapping out the card base and blocks that were Summer Starfruit on the previous card.
I also tried smashing my Soda Pop Top with one of the tabs in place. This really made it go flat, and I kind of like the look even better.
I used a different color combination for this stamped block, and added a Sale-A-Bration Sycamore Street Tangerine Tango Satin bow in place of the Pool Party bow one on the other card.
What do you think? You should try one on your own—I'd love to see it! Email it to me!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Collage Curios, Ciao, Baby!
- Ink—Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango Classic Ink
- Paper—Sycamore Street (SAB #127540); Summer Starfruit, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack (SAB #130812), Soda Pop Tops, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Argyle Texture Impressions Folder, Fancy Fan Texture Impressions Folder, Needlepoint Border Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, 1-1/4" Square Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Curly Label Punch (SAB #129405), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't forget to check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn…choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—Openings still available.
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- Wow Techniques Class—Feb. 8, 6:30pm.
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—Feb. 11, 6pm
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—February 28, 6:30pm