I can't stop making these cute Valentine collage cards! The hearts and banners are so much fun to layer, especially when you add pretty ribbon, buttons and flower accents!
I was inspired by a sample I saw on display at Leadership. There's so much texture, so many details! Let's take a closer look…
The 5-1/2" x 3" piece of Pool Party Core'Dinations card stock is embossed with the Honeycomb Texture Folder. I used the debossed side this time and gently distressed it with the Sanding System Block. Now I'm convinced that THIS is the best side of the Honeycomb texture to sand because it brings out the full depth of the shapes. Try it!
I wrapped some Linen Thread around the middle of the card twice and tied it in a double knot.
The lovely, laser-cut hearts from the More Amore Designer Series Paper were used as the focal point. The sanding block works great on the heart, too, because of it's white core showing through the Primrose Petals outer color. I love that shabby chic look!
The Flower Trim brings a touch of softness and adds a vintage flair. I used one in natural Very Vanilla and colored one by dabbing it on the Primrose Petals Ink Pad, then spritzing with water. Adhere the flowers, once they are completely dry, with Multipurpose Glue.
The heart is layered on 3-1/2" x 1-1/2" piece of More Amore DSP that's fish-tailed at one end. On top of that is a 3" piece of the new 1-1/4" Basic Black/Basic Gray Two Tone Grosgrain Ribbon, also fish-tailed. That ribbon has such a beautiful sheen! It really dresses up the project!
The sentiment is from Cross My Heart, stamped in Basic Black onto Crumb Cake card stock, hand-cut and popped up with Dimensionals.
The vertical version has a pretty Lacy Brocade embossed texture.
I ripped a couple of the corners and distressed them for added interest.
Here's a better photo of the sanded heart. You can see all the streaks and scuff marks—too cool!
The Pool Party button from the Sale-A-Bration Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack coordinates perfectly. Be sure to thread it with some Linen Thread before adhering it with a Glue Dot.
I had to show a close-up of the dyed flower. I skipped the water spritzing this time so only the edges are colored. So pretty!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Cross My Heart
- Ink—Basic Black, Primrose Petals Classic Ink
- Paper—More Amore Specialty DSP; Pool Party Core'Dinations card stock; Pool Party and Crumb Cake card stock
- Accessories—Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack (SAB #130812), Linen Thread, Flower Trim, Basic Black/Gray Two-Tone Ribbon,
- Tools—Honeycomb Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Lacy Brocade Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big Shot, Stampin' Sanding System, Stampin' Spritzer, Glue Dots, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't forget to check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn now through March 22…choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!
PS: Check back tomorrow for more details on the new February Special for Stampin' Up!—Sent With Love!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp each month!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- Wow Techniques Class—Feb. 8, 6:30pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Feb 28, 6:30pm