Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
- Countdown To Christmas Series—November features Flurry of Wishes.
- Stamp-of-the-Month—November features Peaceful Pines.
- Extra Stampin' Rewards—$300 workshop earns you 15% rewards.
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
Today, I'm excited to share one of our swaps from our Too Cool team event last Monday.
* * * * *
- Start with a 4-1/4" x 11" half sheet of card stock. Darla used Real Red card stock.
- Fold it in half like a vertical card. That fold will become the side of the cup that is opposite the handle.
- Line up the 5-1/2" wide card stock horizontally so the fold is on the non-tab side of the die (as shown above), but the fold is NOT under the cutting blade. The die-cut tabs on the opposite side will become the handle.
- Line up the 4-1/4" side so that the bottom is under the cutting blade, but the top is not under the cutting blade. The photo of the assembled project with the die should help you get a visual of how it's situated in the die for cutting.
- Emboss the mug with the Softly Falling Texture Impressions Folder. You'll have to run it through twice, embossing one side of the cup and then the other.
- Adhere the tabs together back-to-back to form the handle.
- Carefully punch out the handle hole with the Word Window Punch.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear mount" is a rubber stamp to be used on a clear acrylic block, "Photopolymer" is the see-thru style of stamps, also used with acrylic blocks.
- Stamps—Among The Branches (photopolymer)
- Ink—Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Home For Christmas DSP; Silver Glimmer Paper; Real Red & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Tea Lace Doilies, Silver Metallic Thread
- Tools—Square Pillow Box Die, Circles Collection Framelits, Softly Falling Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, 2" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Tear & Tape Adhesive, SNAIL, Dimensionals
* * * * *
Thanks so much, Darla, for sharing this awesome project! I'll definitely be making some of these for stocking stuffers this holiday season! Wouldn't this also be fun to do in an autumn theme and add a packet of Hot Apple Cider mix?! Or you could do a coffee theme with a Starbucks gift card for a birthday gift. Or a little packet of soup for a sick friend. So many fun possibilities! How would you decorate your Pillow Box Mug?
I'd Love To Hear From You! Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!