Our family has lots of August (and April) birthdays. Today is my niece Ellie's special day—8 years old! Plus, it's the first day back to school, so it's a doubly special day for her! (Wow—summer sure goes by fast!)
Here's the glittery card that I created for her using the new In Colors and a fun birthday set called Patterned Party…
I stamped the balloon image in Basic Black first. Then I colored the image with markers, stamped it on Whisper White, and cut out the individual balloons. Before popping them up with Dimensionals, I added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter using a 2-Way Glue Pen. Perfect!
The background texture is the new Stripes Impressions Folder—LOVE this! It's basic and so very versatile for all kinds of styles, even masculine cards! Cool!
The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs set (click to enlarge image above). This was a definite must-have set for me…lots of phrases that you can pair up to use on the front and inside of the card.
For the finishing touches, I added a Calypso Coral Dotted Ribbon Scallop Border and tried out the new Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon. Have you tried this ribbon?! It adds such a feminine, whimsical feel to your projects. I think I need some in every In Color!
The multicolored image on the inside of my card was colored with the In Color Markers directly on the stamp before stamping. It's such a simple technique, but it really packs a punch when you take the time to use several colors. I love how it coordinates with the front of the card. Now that I think about it, I should have added Dazzling Diamonds to the pennants, too.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Patterned Party, Petite Pairs
- Ink—Basic Black, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade Classic Ink and Markers
- Paper—Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder card stock,
- Accessories—Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Stripes Impressions Folder, Medium Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Paper Snips (essential for cutting around balloons and presents!), Dimensionals, SNAIL
Two Cool Card Contest Winner
Thanks to everyone who emailed me their list of differences in my BFF Two Cool Cards Contest! Congratulations to Babe O'Mara! She was randomly selected from all of the entries to win a pack of 6×12" assorted retired Designer Series Paper!
Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper Promotion!