Hurry! Deadline for signup is January 31st, or as soon as we get 12 people.
Contact me today to register.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today it's raining and dreary in Fort Wayne, Indiana, but these two cool, delightfully cheery cards are sure to brighten the day! We did this project at my Wow Techniques Class last week. Mark you're calendars for the next Wow Techniques Class on February 8.
We tried out the Chalkboard technique that I first posted about a few days ago. It's so much fun! Have you tried it yet? I thought the Feel Goods quotes chalkboard looked exceptional against the Daffodil Delight chevron patterns from Parker's Patterns Designer Series Paper.
My Daffodil Delight card base was layered with a 5-1/2" x 2" piece of the Parker's Patterns paper. I tied a pretty Daffodil Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon around the center because it matched perfectly!
After using the Embossing Buddy on the 3-1/2" x 3" Basic Black card stock, I stamped the Feel Goods quote in White Craft Ink and embossed it in White Embossing Powder. Next, I used a soft cloth to rub on my "chalk." TIP: I've found that the chalkboard looks more realistic the "dustier" it is.
I finished off the look by using a White Colored Pencil to draw on a border and adding a few Rhinestone Jewels.
Tucked under the Parker's Patterns paper is a Whisper White border embossed with the Needlepoint Texture Impressions Folder. I love how the softness of the embossed scallops contrasts the points of the chevrons.
And, I had to show my Wow Techniques Class how easy it was to color the Flower Trim by dabbing it on a Firm Foam Ink Pad, then spritzing it with water to bleed the color. I LOVE these flowers!
I dressed up my vertical card with some extra die-cutting and embossing.
I used the Labels Collection Framelits to die-cut the focal piece and I free-handed a White Pencil border around it's flowing edges. You could even add some fun doodles…it IS a chalkboard after all!
I also added some texture to the card base, courtesy of the Chevron Texture Impressions Folder. I "stitched" both chevron patterns together seemlessly with the cross-stitch Needlepoint Texture Impressions Folder. Love it!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Feel Goods
- Ink—White Craft Ink; Daffodil Delight Classic Ink
- Paper—Parker's Patterns DSP; Daffodil Delight, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—White Embossing Powder, Flower Trim, Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (card #1), Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—White Colored Pencil, Needlepoint Impressions Folders, Chevron Impressions Folder (card #2), Labels Collection Framelits (card #2), Big Shot, Small Heart Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, soft cloth, Stampin' Spritzer, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
Bundle It For Sale-A-Bration!—If you love this card, order all of the key ingredients at my Online Store and you'll earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
- Parker's Patterns DSP 131021 ($10.95)
- Feel Goods clear 129684 (18.95)
- Needlepoint Impressions Folder 129383 ($7.95)
- White Craft Ink 101731 ($7.50)
- White Embossing Powder 109132 ($4.75)
- Total = $50.10 + FREE Sale-A-Bration Selection!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—Deadline Jan. 31
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Jan. 31, 6:30pm
- Wow Techniques Class—Feb. 8, 6:30pm.