I had a great time with my Stamp Club on Friday night! I always do! We tried out the new Flower Fest stamp set, along with the new colored embossing powders, all featured in the Summer Mini Catalog.
I CASEd this card from the sample card on page 8 of the Summer Mini. I love that Stampin' Up! features lots of project ideas to provide excellent creative inspiration!
Card Details & Tips
- I used VersaMark Ink and the Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango Embossing Powders to create the randomly stamped flower images.
- I wanted the leaves to be more subtle, so I stamped those with Wild Wasabi instead of embossing.
- I embossed the Sincere Salutations greeting with Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder to match.
- I used the Blossom Bouquet Triple Punch to create the Wild Wasabi border.
I colored in the flowers by using Sponge Daubers with the coordinating colors of ink. Be sure to use a light touch with this technique. Using a circular motion, start sponging the ink on the center of the flower and circle outward with a lighter touch for soft, blended color. I used the edge of my Dauber to apply ink to the leaves since they were narrower. I love how this simple technique makes the flowers really stand out! This set is perfect for color burnishing!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Flower Fest, Sincere Salutations
- Ink—VersaMark, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi Classic Ink
- Paper—Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi card stock,
- Accessories—Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango & Wild Wasabi Embossing Powders. ,
- Tools—Sponge Daubers, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Heat Tool, 2 x 1-3/8" Wide Oval Punch, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Order the supplies to make this project at my Too Cool Online Store!
Try Adding Some Rhinestones!
Carmen DeBruce added some Rhinestone Jewels to her card at Stamp Club. Check it out…
Ooooh! I love it! The bling really jazzes it up, don't ya think?!
What do you think of the colored embossing powders? Let me know in the Comments Section!
Until next time…