I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had two full days of fun family celebrations.
On Saturday, I attended a ceremony dedicating Snider High School's baseball field to my uncle Mike! He worked at the high school for 40 years as a teacher, track coach, football coach, and eventually athletic director, and he was instrumental in developing the baseball field that now bares his name: Michael W. Hawley Field. I'm so very proud of him! Congratulations, uncle Mike!
On Easter Sunday, we gathered at my in-laws for dinner and Easter-egg hunting with all the little ones! We also celebrated my niece Allison's 7th birthday! It was a fun, fun family day! I hope you all were able to enjoy some family time during this holiday weekend.
Fun Flowers Ribbon Bookmark
Today's project uses the Fun Flowers Die to create a beautiful bookmark!
I love the paper flowers you can create with the Fun Flowers Die and these were so fun and easy to make!
After die-cutting all of my pieces, I started with the smallest flowers first and worked my way down.
- I punched a 3/4" Circle Punch of Concord Crush, added the Pretty Ink Pink die-cut scalloped circle center, then topped it off the center with a retired Epoxy Brad.
- I embossed the light purple flower from the Lap of Luxury DSP with the Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder. Adhere the flower center to this with Dimensionals.
- I scrunched up the Very Vanilla Lap of Luxury layer and finger-formed the petals. Adhere the smaller flower layers to the top with Dimensionals.
- The bottom Concord Crush layer is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Folder, then adhered with more Dimensionals.
- The entire flower is adhered to a 15" long Pretty In Pink Striped Grosgrain Ribbon with SNAIL adhesive (about 5" or 6" from the end).
- I finished off the back with another embossed large flower die-cut adhered with SNAIL.
The next time you're giving a book as a present, wouldn't it be great to create a coordinating flower bookmark to go with it?! What a terrific idea! It's also a nice thank you gift all by itself! Cute, cute, cute!
Complete Supplies List:
- Paper—Lap of Luxury DSP, Concord Crush card stock
- Accessories—Pretty In Pink Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Epoxy Brad (retired)
- Tools—Fun Flowers Die, 3/4" Circle Punch, Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder, Paper Piercer (for brad hole), Dimensionals, SNAIL
Order the supplies to make this project at my Too Cool Online Store!