The Online Extravaganza is going on NOW! There are dozens of items discounted from 20% – 50% off—now through Wednesday, November 28, 2012!
See the complete selection of sale items at my Online Store!
"Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Sign Up Now!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Nov. 29. RSVP by Nov. 28.
- 12 Days of Christmas Calendar Kit – Order by Nov. 26.
- Merry Moments Scrapbook Class-To-Go – Order by Nov. 30.
- Wow Techniques Class – December 14. RSVP by December 12.
Are you kidding me?!!!
I had my yard entiredly cleaned up and leaf-free two days ago! I thought I was caught up on raking leaves, at least for a little bit. Nope! My three prickly pear trees finally decide it's Fall and dropped all their leaves practically overnight! Back to raking and bagging for me…only now it's 25° and snowing instead of the 65° and awesome! Dang!
Oh well! If I have to deal with more leaves outside, I might as well have some fun with leaves inside, too!
Today's projects feature two cool stamp sets and two cool techniques! I used the Gently Falling and French Foliage stamp sets, as well as a combination of watercolor spritz and double-time spotlighting techniques. It certainly is double the coolness!
My inspiration was a card created by Tami White at Stamp With Tami (shown at left), and a card displayed at the Lansing Regional (shown at right, contact me if this is yours!). I love both of these designs so much!
I started with my 5" x 3-3/4" Very Vanilla layer by inking the French script image in River Rock and randomly stamping three times. Then, I filled in the open spaces with the watermark image, inked in Baja Breeze and stamped off once before stamping.
Create Your Own Watercolor Spritz Double-Time Spotlighting
- Start by punching three 1-3/8" Square Punches in Very Vanilla and temporarily position them with a dab of SNAIL onto the card front. TIP: It helps to stamp the sentiment first for better positioning. Leave enough room for your layer that will eventually go underneath the square.
- Ink your bold image with a light shade of ink first.
- Use the Rock & Roll Technique to add a darker ink to the outer edges of the stamp only. (shown above left) TIP: So you don't have to worry about cleaning the edges of the stamp, you can simply dab the ink pad on the outer edges of the stamp, instead of "rolling" it. Or, you could even use a marker!
- Fill a Stampin' Spritzer with water and mist the inked stamp several times until the ink is slightly pooling. (shown above right) You don't want it to be dripping off the stamp, but misted enough that the colors are blending together.
- Stamp the image onto the square punch-out. Part of the image will be hanging off the edge. TIP: Once I place the image onto the card stock, I like to hold it there a few seconds to let the ink soak into the paper nicely.
- Remove the stamped punch-out, add another square layer underneath, then re-attach to the card permanently.
The River Rock layer underneath each square is hand-cut, but you could use a combination of "nesting" punches or framelits for the same effect.
My leaf color combinations include: Baja Breeze/Not Quite Navy, More Mustard/Cajun Craze, and Certainly Celery/Old Olive. The Blooming With Kindness sentiment is inked in Not Quite Navy.
The entire Very Vanilla stamped piece is mounted on 5-1/4" x 4" Not Quite Navy card stock, then attached to a River Rock card base.
I had a little mis-stamp on this version, which caused one of my squares to be crooked, so I went with it and created a all-crooked, gently FALLING theme! Serendipitous! I love how it turned out!
I added a little Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint spray (mixed with rubbing alcohol) for some sparkle and shine, too! (click photo to enlarge it) Beautiful!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Gently Falling, French Foliage, Blooming With Kindness
- Ink—Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive Classic Ink
- Paper—River Rock, Not Quite Navy, and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint, and rubbing alcohol
- Tools—1-3/8" Square Punch, Stampin' Spritzer, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects and more at my Online Store!
Holiday Catalog Quick Links!
- See Holiday Catalog PDF
- Browse Holiday Catalog by Flash Player
- Shop Holiday Catalog Items Online
- Holiday Stampin' Supplies List – for samples in the catalog
November Promos Quick Links!
- Ink-redible FREE Ink Pads—For Hostesses & New Recruits!
- New Single Stamps now available for a limited time!
- Online Extravaganza—Now thru November 28!