Stampin' Up! is celebrating Digital
Scrapbooking Days now thru November 8! You'll find Daily Deals, guest bloggers, challenges, videos and more excitement over at
Here's what's going on today!
FREE Moments Ago Brush Set (#135717)—OOooh! This is a fantastic hand-written phrases set that's perfect for both scrapbooking and cardmaking! I love it! Download it for FREE! (click to enlarge)
Today's Daily Deal: 50% off Hello There Digital Kit (#133374)—On sale today only at half price! (click to enlarge)
Inspiration & Challenge—See today's guest bloggers for inspiration on using the Hello There Kit: Happy Digital Scrapbooking Day! Scroll to the bottom of that post to see how you can win $20 in digital downloads!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today's project comes from Carmen DeBruce and I'm planning on doing a similar card during my Wow Techniques Class coming up next Friday! Here are more details about that class…
Wow Technique Class—Friday, November 8
Take your stamping to the next level! The Wow Techniques Class highlights the latest & greatest products & techniques with projects that are sure to Wow you! Join us Friday, November 8, at 6:30pm, at my Too Cool Stamping Studio in Fort Wayne, IN. The cost of the class is $15 or FREE with an order* placed at the event. Here's what we're creating this month:
Gently Falling Thankful Card—Try out the gorgeous Joseph's Coat technique! Our project will be similar to today's featured project by Carmen!
- Envelope Pouch Note Cards—Choose your style: Flowers or Snowflakes!
- Envelope Punch Gift Card Holder—Create an easy, pull-up gift card holder with the Envelope Punch Board.
- Bring-A-Friend & Stamp Club Bonus Project!—Create a bonus treat holder project if you are part of my Wow Stamp Club OR if you sign up with a friend!
Please RSVP by Thursday, November 7, at 5pm
*Minimum order is $25 for the FREE class. Workshop, private class, and other class orders do not qualify.
Inspired from Cherie & Toni at MotherDaughterStampin.com.
Joseph's Coat Meets 2013—This technique is kind of a blast-from-the-past! It was really popular when I first started stamping over 10 years ago, but it's popularity died down as more and more cool stamping tools were introduced. Personally, I love doing technique-oriented projects, so I think dusting this technique off and combining it with the cool Expressions Thinlits is brilliant!
Step 1: Color Layer—Carmen started by sponging on Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Real Red ink onto Whisper White card stock. You want the ink blends to be bright and bold, so apply it heavily.
Step 2: Clear Embossing—Next, she stamped the bold maple leaf image from Gently Falling in VersaMark Ink over the entire sponged piece. Using Clear Embossing Powder, she heat embossed the leaves to create what will later be the see-thru areas of the card.
Step 3: Brayering—Finally, she brayered Early Espresso ink over the top to cover all of the background except where the ink is resisted by the clear embossing. You can use any dark color of ink for this!
Carmen did a second version (Two Cool!) of the card using the Gently Falling line-image maple leaf instead! I love this one, too!
Thankful Thinlit—The delicate sentiment, intricately-cut with the Expressions Thinlits, adds just the right pop to this beautiful Fall background!
Expression Thinlit TIPS
- Run Expressions Thinlits and card stock through the Big Shot back & forth at least 4 times to get a nice clean cut.
- Depending on the pressure of your Big Shot machine, you may need to add a shim.
- Use a Paper Piercer to poke through the thinlit holes to carefully remove your die-cut.
- A sheet of wax paper between the thinlit and card stock can help it pop out easier.
Thanks to Carmen for re-introducing this fabulous technique! I can't wait to try out a similar version of this card at my Wow Techniques Class! Hope you can join us!
Too Cool Events!
- Holiday Blog Hop—Starts November 6
- Wow Techniques Class & Club—November 8, 6:30pm
- Too Cool Demo Team Shoebox Swap—November 11, 6pm
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—November 17, 4-9pm
- December Countdown To Christmas—Registration Deadline November 18
- Holiday Tag It Bundles—Available now thru November 19
- 30% off Digital—Select downloads & print products thru November 30.
- Weekly Deals—New specials start every Tuesday!
- NEW Cut & Ready Card Bases—Pre-cut, pre-scored card stock…EASY!
- Endless Wishes Photopolymer—New Christmas set!
- Pop & Place Gift Tags—70 tags & matching stamps.
- Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit—20 cards, ready to assemble!
- Envelope Punch Board—Makes 66 sizes of envelopes!
- Best of Snow—New 25th Anniversary Collector Set