►Classes Are The Perfect Cabin Fever Prescription!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for my complete class schedule!
- Or, see details about the newest Spring class additions!
►Browse the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF to see choices!
Three Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Shop—Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Items For Every $50 Order! Shop now!
- Host—Earn $30 More Hostess Dollars With A $300 Party! Host a party!
- Join—Choose $150 Worth of Stampin' Supplies For Only $99! Join now!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Just a reminder that there is just ONE WEEK LEFT to register for my Burlap & Blooms Wreath & Card Class on February 20! It's only $28 and you get the wreath kit, a silicone mat and the supplies to make a matching wreath card! See all the details at my Burlap & Blooms Wreath post. Registration ends February 6, 2014. Class-To-Go options available. Contact me!
* * * * *
Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—February 6
It's sure more fun when you're stamping with friends! I'd love for you to join me in my Too Cool Stamping Studio for open stamp & chat time! Nothing formal, just bring your own projects and let's stamp together from 5:30pm to 9pm! If you're in the Fort Wayne area, I'd love for you to stop by!
It's the perfect time to:
- Finish up stamping (or other craft) projects!
- Try out new products for the first time!
- Use stamps & tools you don't have yet!
- Get personal training on techniques!
- Ask me questions and brainstorm ideas!
- Mingle with other stampers!
- Pick up orders!
Optional Make & Take: $5 for Two Cool Sale-A-Bration Cards
Come whenever you want, stay as long as you want! RSVP's not required, but appreciated!
Have you seen all of the bold geometric designs out there in the fashion and interior decorating world? Hexagons, chevrons, triangles and circles are popping up everywhere! The new Geometrical stamp set is just one example of how Stampin' Up! is keeping up with the trend!
OK, I have to admit that I wasn't completely sold on the Geometrical set at first, but after playing with it at our Leadership conference, I'm realizing just how fun of a set it is, especially for masculine cards! And, we're always looking for new and different masculine options, right?!
Inspired by Justin Krieger at JK Cards.
We'll be creating today's featured cards at my "Last Thursdays" class tonight. I love that the design features striking colors and elements from Geometrical to give it a festive, yet masculine, feel. Ladies—don't be scared to use bright colors—guys like more than just browns, blues and grays!
Card Base—The Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper coordinates perfectly with the images from the Geometrical set, so I used that as my color guide. The background piece is 2" x 5-1/2" and is matted on a piece of 2-1/4" x 5-1/2" Basic Black card stock. I adhered it to a Smoky Slate card base.
Sentiment Circle—The cheerful sentiment is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink, then die-cut with the Circle Collection Framelits. I used the Chevron Border Punch to create Basic Black chevron accents that I adhered with SNAIL under the greeting. I love that the "hooray for today" phrase could be used for birthdays, a special day, or just the everyday!
Focal Point Accents—I added a short piece of the 1-1/4" Black Chevron Ribbon for a little texture. A few randomly placed Rhinestone Jewels almost look like bubbles floating around the words.
Triangles—Of course my favorite embellishments are the trio of triangles that match the Kaleidoscope DSP. I stamped the three images in Strawberry Slush, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay, then punched them with the Triangle Punch and popped them up with Dimensionals.
Bundle It & Save—Purchase the Geometrical stamp set and Triangle Punch together in the Geometrical Bundle and save 15%.
I was having fun playing around, repositioning the triangles! So many options for pointing them up or down, or grouping them in an overlapping collage or in a line. Fun, fun, fun!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Geometrical (wood) OR Geometrical Bundle (wood)
- Ink—Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Strawberry Slush Classic Ink
- Paper—Kaleidoscope DSP; Smoky Slate, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—1-1/4" Black Chevron Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Circle Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Triangle Punch OR Geometrical Bundle (wood), Chevron Border Punch, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Too Cool Events!
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- Sale-A-Bration Kick-Off—Reschedule for Feb. 1
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—February 6
- February Spring Spectacular Registration—Ends Feb. 15
- Burlap & Blooms Wreath Class—Feb 20, Register by Feb. 6.
Don't Miss These!