Hi Stamping Friends!
Today, I've got an easy project for you to try in My Digital Studio (MDS2+)…Naughty & Nice Gift Tags!
If you're new to the My Digital Studio (MDS2+) digital designing software, this is an easy and fun beginner project! And, best of all, Stampin' Up! is offering this Naughty & Nice Gift Tag download, For You From Us Designer Template, FREE so there is no reason not to try it!
Don't Have MDS2+ Software? No problem! You can try it out for FREE for 30 days, just in time for all of your holiday gift packaging and holiday décor needs!
Download the 30-Day MDS2 Trial NOW for FREE!
For my "nice" version, I created a page with several of the stamp brush images. The image comes in one color, so I used the color brush tool to add multiple colors to the image, just like you would color on a stamp with markers for multiple colors. I LOVE this tool! It's easy to get carried away—I was coloring everything and trying out all different colors! Fun! You can learn how to color images with this short video: Stamp Image Coloring.
Once I had the image colored the way I wanted, I copied and pasted so it was 8-up on a printable page. You can have your pages professionally printed, but I simply printed them to my own printer, then cut them out by hand.
I mounted the tag onto Cherry Cobbler card stock, then added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter with a 2-Way Glue Pen. Now, it's ready to tie on my present with the Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon.
I did a second "naughty" version by applying a Midnight Muse background, and coloring the stamp Very Vanilla. I added some background texture with some black stamps from the Extreme Elements stamp brush set. I printed out this sheet, too, but I bet it about killed my blue ink cartridge!
This version is mounted on Midnight Muse card stock and also given some sparkle with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. It's tied with a Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon. I love the color of this one!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamp Brushes—FREE For You From Us Designer Template, Extreme Elements stamp brush
- Colors—Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Pacific Point (#1); Midnight Muse, Basic Black and Very Vanilla
- Paper—Whisper White (printed), Cherry Cobbler (#1), Midnight Muse (#2) card stock
- Accessories—Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon (#1), Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon (#2), Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—MDS2 Digital Designing Software, 1/4" Circle Punch, Paper Snips, 2-Way Glue Pen, SNAIL
MDS2+ makes it super easy and fast to create gift tags to match your beautiful handstamped creations and gift packaging! Give it a try!
You can find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- Procrastinator's Open Stamp Night—Dec. 18, 6pm-10pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Dec. 27, 6:30pm.
- Spring Catalog "Kick-Off" Party—Jan. 6, 1pm.