Hi Stamping Friends!
I'm so excited about my Too Cool Demo Team meeting tonight! I've been working on some fun gift packaging ideas and I can't wait to start sharing! I'll be featuring gift packaging ideas on my blog all this week, so stay tuned for some cute ways to dress up your holiday gifts!
Before I get too far in this post, I want to give a shout-out to my new crew!
Woohoo! Ink-redible New Team Members!
I'd like to welcome a few new recruits to my Too Cool Demo Team! Welcome to Jennifer DeGroote and Pam Leach in my immediate downline, and to Lisa Ramirez in my extended downline! Woot, woot! So happy to have you on the team!
They couldn't resist the Ink-redible FREE Ink Pads offer that is ending very soon—December 16 is the last day! Purchase your $99 Starter Kit today, customized with $125 worth of ANY products you want, and you'll get 10 FREE Ink Pads! Learn more about being a on my team! Sign up today!
Today's project features a cute gift box that is easy-peasy to make! I love this size of Kraft Gift Box because it is the perfect size for so many small gifts! It is a great way to wrap a gift card, so it doesn't look like it's a gift card. It will hold jewelry or money, candy or cookies, socks or a cell phone! I love to fill it up with 12 3×3" note cards with envelopes for a thoughtful handmade gift. So many possibilities!
And, just so you know, I did do "two cool" gift boxes in keeping with my two cool style, but I'm only offering a sneak peek in the photo above of the other one. That box has it's own special features and really deserves it's own post. Stay tuned!
The box is decorated with Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper. You'll need one 3-1/8" x 3-1/8" piece for the top, and four 3-1/8" x 2-1/8" pieces for the sides.
The matching tag layers are stamped in Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler with the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set, then die-cut with the Holiday Ornament Framelits and punched with the 3/4" Circle Punch. It's topped off with a Faceted Button and Pearl Jewel.
Here's a view from the top of the box. I added a larger Faceted Button topped with a Large Pearl to the bow. Such an eye-catching accent!
The bow is my favorite part and it's deceptively easy to assemble! Here's how…
Create Your Own 4-Step Paper Bow
Start with four pieces of designer series paper: 8"x1", 10"x1", 5-1/2" x 1", and 2-1/2" x 3/4".
- Step 1 – Adhesive: Adhere the ends of the 8"x1" strip together with Sticky Strip to make a loop, then do the same with the 10"x1" strip. Add Sticky Strip to the 2-1/2" x 3/4" piece, and set aside.
- Step 2 – Cut: Cut fish-tails on the ends of the 5-1/2"x1" strip with the corner of a 1" Square Punch.
- Step 3 – Assemble: Pinch each loop together in the center, then layer on top of the fish-tailed piece. You can adhere them together, but there is no need.
- Step 4 – Wrap: Place the 2-1/2" x 3/4" strip in the center of the bow and wrap the ends around to the back of the bow.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Ornament Keepsakes OR Ornament Keepsakes Bundle
- Ink—Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
- Paper—Be of Good Cheer DSP; Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Kraft Gift Boxes, Faceted Buttons, Large Pearls, Pearl Jewels, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine
- Tools—Holiday Ornaments Framelits OR Ornament Keepsakes Bundle, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Square Punch, 1/16" Hole Punch, (the awesome) Stampin' Trimmer, Big Shot, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
You can find all the supplies to create this project and more at my Online Store!
Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- Wow Techniques Class—Dec. 14, 6:30pm. RSVP by Dec. 13.
- Procrastinator's Open Stamp Night—Dec. 18, 6pm-10pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Dec. 27, 6:30pm.
- Spring Catalog "Kick-Off" Party—Jan. 6, 1pm.