Hi Stamping Friends! Happy 12/12/12!
Today, we're continuing with our gift packaging theme in a Mini way! Mini Gift Bags, that is! Jackie Bolhuis of KlompenStampers.blogspot.com had a fabulous presentation at the Lansing Regionals that included all sorts of gift bag ideas! So much fun! I couldn't wait to make a couple to share with you!
I think these are the most adorable little bags! Don't you? They are created out of 2/3 of a sheet of Designer Series Paper and stand 4" tall, not including the handles. Like the craft gift boxes we've already seen, these are the perfect size for smaller gifts like gift cards or money, jewelry, candy, and more!
I used Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper for the bag and matching Gumball Green Sweater Trim for the handles.
The front is decorated with a Gumball Green Labels Collection Framelit die-cut that's texture embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Folder. The Ornament Keepsakes image is stamped in Primrose Petals and die-cut with the coordinating Holiday Ornament Framelits die. A Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine bow and Rhinestone Jewels dress it up!
The second bag is also done with Be of Good Cheer DSP. I stamped the candy cane from Scentsational Season cut with the matching Holiday Collection Framelit die. The candy cane was colored with Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler markers before stamping, then I added some Red and Green Dazzling Details for some sparkle.
My handles are 1-1/4" Cotton Ribbon that is stamped with the Snowflake Party Builder Wheel in Cherry Cobbler. I added some Sparkly Tulle with my tissue—the perfect touch!
Create Your Own Mini Gift Bags
- Start with a piece of DSP that is 8"x12".
- Along the 12" side, score at 1", 5", 7", and 11".
- Along the 8" side, score at 2" and 6".
- Slit the paper on both sides at the 5" and 7" marks up to the intersecting line. I have hash marks through the lines on my template above where to cut.
- Notch out each side of the center tab to create a "V" shape so that the corners fit together better. Do not cut the larger panels.
- Decide which side of the paper you want for the front. This photo is the inside of my bag. The outer 1" panels will fold down to become the border around the top of the bag.
- Add Sticky Strip to the outer edges of the "side" panels on one side only, as shown above.
- Flip the paper over and add Sticky Strip to the center panels that will fold down to become the border. Do not adhere the outer panels of this border yet.
- Fold the sides of your bag up. The small center tab will be sandwiched in between the larger side panels. The above photos both show this step. I wasn't sure you could tell what was happening with the actual DSP, so I showed it with the template, too.
- The one folded border will overlap the other to interlock the sides.
- Once you have figured out how to assemble it, then go ahead and peel off the Sticky Strip liner and adhere it.
- Add a Glue Dot under the corner flap of the border to tack it down.
- Repeat assembly on the other side of the bag.
- Punch a couple holes on each side of the bag border with a 1/4" Circle Punch.
- Add a ribbon handle by threading the ends through the holes and knotting them. You'll need between 8" to 12" of ribbon, depending on how long you want the handles and how thick the ribbon is for knotting.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Ornament Keepsakes OR Ornament Keepsakes Bundle (#1), Scentsational Season or Scentsational Season Bundle (#2), Snowflake Party Builder Wheel (#2)
- Ink—Primrose Petals (#1) Classic Ink, Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler (#2) Markers
- Paper—Be of Good Cheer DSP; Gumball Green (#1), and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (#1), Rhinestone Jewels (#1), Gumball Green Sweater Trim (#1), 7/8" Natural Cotton Ribbon (#2), Dazzling Details (#2), Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (#2), Cherry Cobbler Tulle (#2), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (#2)
- Tools—Holiday Ornaments Framelits OR Ornament Keepsakes Bundle (#1), Holiday Collection Framelits OR Scentsational Season Bundle (#2), Labels Collection Framelits (#2), Perfect Polka Dots Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, 1/4" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Simply Scored, Heat Tool (#2), Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Thanks again to Jackie Bolhuis of KlompenStampers.blogspot.com
for her inspiration. Here are the two Mini Gift Bags that she shared with us at the Lansing Regional. These are also with Be of Good Cheer DSP. The first one is with the Owl Occasions stamp and the second one is with Scentsational Season. Love them!
You can find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- Wow Techniques Class—Dec. 14, 6:30pm. RSVP by Dec. 13.
- Procrastinator's Open Stamp Night—Dec. 18, 6pm-10pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Dec. 27, 6:30pm.
- Spring Catalog "Kick-Off" Party—Jan. 6, 1pm.