Hi Stamping Friends!
Today is Day 4 and I'm showcasing a larger gift bag idea also inspired from Jackie Bolhuis of KlompenStampers.blogspot.com, who shared this idea at the Lansing Regional.
These bags have the same basic fold-down border design as the Mini Bags from yesterday, but this time they are created with two full sheets of Designer Series paper, so they stand 7" tall! They are 6" side and 3" deep, allowing you to fill them with all kinds of goodies!
The first gift bag was created with Be of Good Cheer Paper (can you tell I love this paper? I use it all the time!). The handles are created with Gumball Green Sweater Trim.
When you take a close look at the decorated front, you'll see that it's actually a matching full-size card that is held in a Clear Envelope Pocket that's been trimmed down to 4-1/4" square, and added to the front with Sticky Strip.
I absolutely love how this showcases the card that goes with the bag and uses it as an embellishment! Brilliant! On this card in particular, it allows the Cherry Cobbler Sweater Trim bow to hang free on the top. Cool! See how to create this pretty coordinating card on my Mittens Card post.
I probably went a little overboard, but I wanted to give you the idea that you could dress up your tissue paper with some stamping, too! I used the Chock-ful of Cheer stamp set that was used for the Cherry Cobbler mittens on the card front. I also wheeled Cheerful Christmas Stampin' Around Wheel across the top in Gumball Green.
Do you recognize the Designer Series Paper used on this bag? It's from the Halloween-themed Howlstooth & Scaringbone! It's not just for Halloween anymore! I love this trendy More Mustard and Basic Grey color combination! The handle is made with the 7/8" Natural Cotton Ribbon…perfect!
The Silver Glimmer Paper and Champagne Glimmer Paper create the perfect Snow Flurry accent to match these colors! Awesomeness! The smallest layer snowflake is Very Vanilla. But, check out the center pearl! It's a Large Pearl that's been colored with the Silver Dazzle Marker! That's a Too Cool tip, for sure!
I added the matching snowflake tag to the back of the bag. It's a smaller version that's layered on a 1-3/4" Circle of designer paper and a Very Vanilla 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch. Love it!
One last detail that you can't see very well. I stamped the tissue with Snowflake Soiree images in the Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Ink. It's very subtle, but very shimmery, and not quite a busy-looking as the tissue in the first bag. Try it!
Create Your Own Large Designer Paper Gift Bag
- Start with 12"x12" two sheets of the same pattern of Designer Series Paper.
- On Side A, score the top side at 2", and the other three sides at 3".
- Snip the bottom lines up to the intersecting score lines. See the hash marks on my template.
- On Side B, score the top at 2", then the three sides at 3", same as Side A.
- Trim off the bottom corners of this sheet completely. See the "x" panels on my template.
- Choose which side you want to be the outside, then fold the 2" top down to become the reverse-side border.
- Fold and crease all of your score lines, so you'll have a nice, crisp bag shape.
- On Side A, adhere your tabs to the bottom flap with Multipurpose Adhesive Glue.
- Adhere the bottom flap from Side B to the bottom of the bag with Multipurpose Adhesive or Sticky Strip.
- Bring the Side B side panel around the outside and tuck into the Side A fold-down border top. Once you see how it's assembled, adhere the sides together with Multipurpose Adhesive or Sticky Strip. Add a Glue Dot under the outside border that needs tacked down.
- Repeat on the other side!
- Add handles and decorate!
Complete Supply List Project #1:
- Stamps—Chock-ful of Cheer, Cheerful Christmas Stampin' Around Wheel
- Ink—Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green (#1) Classic Ink
- Paper—Be of Good Cheer DSP
- Accessories—Gumball Green Sweater Trim, Clear Envelopes, tissue paper
- Tools—1/4" Circle Punch, Simply Scored, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Multipurpose Adhesive
- See separate supplies list for the Mittens Card.
Complete Supply List Project #2:
- Stamps—Snowflake Soiree
- Ink—Illuminate Ink; Stampin' Dazzle Silver Marker
- Paper—Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper, Champagne Shimmer Paper and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—7/8" Natural Cotton Ribbon, Large Pearls, Pearl Jewels, White Baker's Twine, tissue paper
- Tools—1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Snow Flurry Die, Big Shot, Simply Scored, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Adhesive
As I was working on my pictorial this morning, Jackie Bolhuis emailed
me to let me know that her video tutorial is now on her blog, KlompenStampers.blogspot.com.
I had tried to figure out how to assemble the bag on my own, so my
tutorial is a bit different. The only real difference is that I cut my
slits so that the tabs can be covered both inside and out for a cleaner
look. Having the tabs at the bottom creates a thicker bottom, so a
reinforcement isn't needed. And, I interlocked my sides, which I think
also adds some reinforcement to the structure of the bag. Either way,
you get a beautiful, two-toned gift bag!
Thanks so much for sharing your awesome "blast from the past" project, Jackie!
You can find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- Procrastinator's Open Stamp Night—Dec. 18, 6pm-10pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Dec. 27, 6:30pm.
- Spring Catalog "Kick-Off" Party—Jan. 6, 1pm.