►Check Out My Too Cool Stamping Classes!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for my complete class schedule!
- Or, see details about the newest Spring class additions!
- Shop—Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Items For Every $50 Order! Shop now!
- Host—Earn $30 More Hostess Dollars With A $300 Party! Host a party!
- Join—Choose $150 Worth of Stampin' Supplies For Only $99! Join now!
►Browse the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF to see choices!
MORE NEW ITEMS JUST ADDED to the Clearance Rack! Don't miss these awesome deals!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Have you seen the Sale-A-Bration card kit called Good As Gold in the Sale-A-Bration Flyer? It includes all the parts and pieces to create 8 cards with fabulous gold accents, along with 8 envelopes with elegant gold foil liners. It's such a pretty set of cards…and it's FREE when you place an order of $50 at my Online Store!
While these cards are super-cute, when I was putting together my Sale-A-Bration Kick-Off event, I wanted to spruce them up a bit and pair them with other Sale-A-Bration offerings. So, I used the elements in this kit a little differently…
The cards I featured at the Kick-Off event not only used the Good As Gold Kit, but also showcased three additional Sale-A-Bration selections. Let's take a closer look!
CASEd from Paula Wright at Stampin' With Paula.
Good As Gold Card Base—Each Good As Gold card from the kit is pre-printed on both the front and back of the card, and the the inside is white. I cut those card bases in half to use as backgrounds on a new card base to double the quantity!
I started with a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Gold As Gold, matted with a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Basic Black, then adhered both layers to a Calypso Coral card base.
Pretty Gold Dots—The photos don't really do justice to the striking gold effects on these printed backgrounds. Here's an up-close photo to show some of the shine from the beautiful gold foil dots interspersed with the colored dots.
Decorative Dot Banner—My next layer was a Pistachio Pudding die-cut from the Banners Framelits, texture embossed with the coordinating Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I love how the embossed pattern mimics the dots on the Good As Gold design. It's all about coordination, baby!
The gold stretchy cord comes in the Good As Gold Kit, too. Cords are pre-cut for the kit, so I trimmed one in half to get two from each card supplied. It makes a very nice gold accent!
See Ya Later Focal Point—I selected one of the sentiments from the See Ya Later Sale-A-Bration stamp set and colored it in with Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral and Basic Black Markers before stamping onto Whisper White. The image is die-cut with a shape from the Chalk Talk Framelits.
Gold Foil Frame—I thought I needed one more pop of gold on my card, so I improvised. Instead of using the gold foil envelope liner for the envelopes, I die-cut a pretty shape with the Window Frame Framelit. After die-cutting, I cut the shape in half and re-positioned it to peek out from the top and bottom of the sentiment layer. I could get two of the shapes from each foil liner, so there was enough for both of my two cool cards!
Banner Punch Peek-A-Boo—Finally, I used the Banner Punch to add one more pop of contrasting color. I punched two mini banners from Bermuda Bay card stock and adhered them on either side, so it appears to be one long element underneath. Too Cool!
I used my second side of the same Good As Gold card to make another card in a different coordinating color combination. These altered cards sure are fitting very nicely into my Two Cool card philosophy!
This time the card base is Bermuda Bay and the Banner punch-outs are Calypso Coral. I also used a different sentiment from See Ya Later, die-cut with the Deco Labels Collection Framelits.
With just a few additions and modifications, I'm able to get 16 beautiful cards from one set! Plus, I even have left-over pieces from the kit to use on other projects! Now that is Too Cool!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—See Ya Later (wood) Sale-A-Bration set
- Ink—Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral and Basic Black Markers
- Paper—Good As Gold Card Kit; Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Good As Gold Card Kit
- Tools—Banners Framelits, Window Frame Framelits, Chalk Talk Framelits (card #1), Deco Labels Collection Framelits (card #2), Decorative Dots Sale-A-Bration Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Earn A FREE Sale-A-Bration Item With Every $50 Purchase Thru March 31, 2014!
* * * * *
Let's Plan A Girls Night Out In March! Are you in the Fort Wayne area? Gather up 6 or more of your friends and let's get together for a fun night of stamping! You bring the wine and I'll bring supplies for you and your guests to make 4 beautiful handmade cards! Contact me today to design a personalized Great Night Out at your house or mine!
Too Cool Events!
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Feb 27, RSVP by Feb. 26.
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—March 6, 5:30-9pm
- Happenings Cards & Card Box—Register by March 6, on March 19
- Wow Techniques Class—March 14, 6:30pm
- Perfect Pennants Stamp-of-the Month Kit—Register by March 15.
Don't Miss These!