- Today is the LAST DAY to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin this month!
- View NEW Annual Online Catalog (Flash)
- View NEW Annual Catalog PDF
- 25% Off Digital MDS—Thru June 15
- Grab Your Greetings—25% off three popular sentiment stamp sets: Sassy Salutations, Sweet Essentials, and Petite Pairs! Thru June 30
Hi Stamping Friends!
I enjoyed Rita Berning's Label Love Pop-Up Presents Card so much that I had to try one on my own! It was perfect for a card that I needed to make last week…
I love the masculine look of this card. Although there aren't very many "masculine" themed stamp sets in the catalog, you can always make it a great guy card by pairing the greeting with designer papers, colors and textures that are more manly.
My Island Indigo card base was decorated with a 2-1/4" x 5-1/4" panel of Soho Subway Designer Series Paper, and a 1-3/4" x 5-1/4" panel of Soft Suede card stock, texture embossed with the Woodgrain Folder.
I wrapped some leftover Island Indigo Satin Ribbon (retired) around the center.
I love the look of this collage of elements! I started with the Chalk Talk sentiment, stamped in Soft Suede and punched with the Extra-Large Oval Punch. It's layered on an Island Indigo die-cut from Apothecary Accents.
Next, I added a couple of fish-tailed banners with strips from the Soho Subway DSP (indigo grid) and Epic Day This and That DSP.
The Antique Brad was a last-minute addition, so I had to cut the shanks off of it with my Craft & Rubber Scissors (retired) and attach it with some Glue Dots.
The Rhinestone Jewels were colored with a mustard-colored Sharpie. Wow! Those two little, gold-toned details add both sparkle and warmth. Perfect!
The inside of the card is the awesome presents pop-up, also using the same flavors of DSP as on the card front. I cut papers for each side if the gifts separately, but in hindsight, I should have done like Rita and adhered a long strip for each layer instead. I don't like the way the white shows through on the corners.
I also realized that I probably gave the wrong cutting measurements on Rita's card, because my presents seemed a little bigger than hers. I've updated her measurements with smaller size presents. Anyway, here are the measurements I did for this card…
Pop-Up Presents Instructions: Start with a 8" x 5" Whisper White piece, scored at 4" with the Simply Scored tool.
With the piece folded, mark along the fold at the 1", 2", and 3"
marks. This will be where you eventually cut. Then, you'll want to
mark how long the cuts will be with a pencil and ruler:
- 1" cut at the 1" mark
- 1-1/2" cut at the 2" mark
- 2" cut at the 3" mark
- 2" cut at the 4" mark
With the piece still folded, make the cuts along your marks through
both layers, then score between the cut marks on both layers. That will
make the folds on the outer edges of the present layers. Pop the gift layers up and crease the folds. Then simply decorate the gifts and stamp
the card as desired, and adhere to the inside of the card.
Having My Cake: So, did anyone catch that I called Rita's card a pop-up "birthday cake" on her post last week? It's obviously a stack of gifts, but everytime I mentioned it throughout the post I refered to it as a cake! WTH?! I can't explain it. I must have had cake on the brain. But, I do know that I've seen similar cards using the stacked pop-ups as layers of a birthday cake, so it IS a great idea! Haha!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Chalk Talk, Label Love
- Ink—Soft Suede and Island Indigo Classic Ink
- Paper—Soho Subway DSP, Epic Day This and That DSP; Island Indigo, Soft Suede and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Island Indigo satin ribbon (retired), Antique Brads, Rhinestone Jewels (mustard Sharpie)
- Tools—Artisan Label Punch, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Woodgrain Texture Impressions Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Big Shot, Simply Scored, Paper Snips, Craft & Rubber Scissors (retired) Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Thanks again to Rita for inspiring this card! Presents or birthday cake—it's Too Cool!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- Wow Techniques Class—This Friday, June 14
- "Last Thursdays" Class—Wednesday, June 26 <<<Rescheduled