- Stamp-of-the-Month—Features Peaceful Pines. Register by Nov. 15. Rescheduled: Nov. 24.
- Stamper Sampler: Holiday Card Stamp-A-Stack—November 12.
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Rescheduled: Thusday, November 19.
- Paper Pumpkin Party—Only $5 or FREE for Paper Pumpkin subscribers. November 30.
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today, I'm sharing the final card design from my November Holiday Card Stamp-a-Stack coming up this Thursday. If you'd like to join us, please let me know by Wednesday at 5pm. You can also get this class as a Class-To-Go for $10 off when you place a $35 order at my Online Store using the Hostess Code: S7DET9NN.
Don't forget today is the last day to subscribe to receive this month's Paper Pumpkin kit! If you're a local subscriber, you're invited to bring your kit to my Premiere Paper Pumpkin Party on November 30th! It's going to be a magically creative night! Subscribe now to Paper Pumpkin monthly kits.
Santa's Gifts Candy Cane Easel Cards
The final project from my November Holiday Card Stamp-a-Stack Class is cute & whimsical! It features the cute characters from the Santa's Gift stamp set from the Annual Catalog, as well as a fun & fancy easel fold! Let's take a closer look…
Background Basics—The candy cane themed background really makes this card festive! I adhered a 5" x 2" piece of the Holiday Fancy Foil Vellum to a 5" x 3-3/4" piece of Whisper White card stock, then matted it on a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Real Red.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Santa's Gift sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on the background.
Card Front—After wrapping some Whisper White Organza Ribbon around the layer and tying it into a double knot, I adhered it to the 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" Whisper White layer.
Easel Card Base—The card base started as a traditional 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" folded Whisper White card, but I added one score line across the center of the card at the 2-1/8" mark with the Simply Scored tool. That panel is folded toward the center of the card. The stamped card front it then attached to the bottom panel only. TIP: I like to use several strips of the Tear & Adhesive Tape for a secure hold.
Easel Stand—To keep the front of the card standing, I adhered a 1-3/4" strip of Real Red card stock to the inside of the card. That layer doesn't have much of a "lip" on it, so I also added a popped up element that could be used instead to keep it standing.
Sweet Sentiment #2—The stamp set has a two-part greeting, so I stamped the second part on a 3/4" x 3" piece of Whisper White, then trimmed the ends into fishtails. A couple of Pearl Jewels flanks the element and adds a nice touch.
Reindeer Focal Point—I stamped the reindeer image with Memento Black Ink onto a Whisper White Ovals Collection Framelits die-cut. I used an Aqua Painter to color in the deer with Soft Suede for the body, Real Red for the scarf and nose, and Smoky Slate for the hooves. I layered it only a Real Red Lots of Labels Framelits die-cut that I cut in half and positioned on the top and bottom edges of the oval. The element is popped up with Dimensionals.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Santa's Gifts (photopolymer)
- Ink—Memento Black; Blushing Bride (card #2), Basic Grey, Real Red & Soft Suede Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Holiday Fancy Foil Vellum; Real Red & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Ovals Collection Framelits, Lots of Labels Framelits, Big Shot, Simply Scored, Paper Snips, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
I'd Love To Hear From You! Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
- Local Class: Thursday, Nov. 12, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Sign Up By November 11!
Create a stack of 12 cards—3 each of 4 designs! Try fun & easy techniques! Bring a friend & share a relaxing night of creativity! Extra dozens are available for a discount!
Contact Me To RSVP Today!
Registration Now Open For November's Stamp-of-the-Month: Peaceful Pines
- Local Class: Tuesday, Nov. 24, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Registration Closes on November 15!
Kit includes Peaceful Pines photopolymer stamp set, a 1/2 pack of 6×6" Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack & all the pre-cut supplies and instructions needed to create 6 Christmas cards!
Contact Me To Register Up by Sunday, November 15.
Buy 3 Stamp-of-the-Month Classes, Get $5 off the Next Class!—See details.