My Top 10 Spring Catalog Favorites!
The Spring Catalog is here and everytime a new catalog comes out, I like to share my Top 10 (or so) favorites! I should probably qualify it to say favorites "right now." More than likely, I'll fall in love with more items as I discover fun new ways to use them! But, for now, these are the exciting items that are catching my creative attention!
Here we go, in no particular order…
1. Tea For Two Designer Series Paper—I wasn't sure I was going to like this paper, but I soon realized how awesome these feminine patterns are when I was creating for today's Spring Catalog Kick-Off Party. Every sheet has a lovely combination of several colors that can really pull the theme of a project together! You can go in at least six color directions making it very versatile. I know you'll love it, too!
2. Honeycomb Texture Impressions Folder—Who am I kidding? I love nearly every embossing folder that becomes available! This simple, hexagon pattern is a fun geometric design that has lots of potential.
3. Hearts A Flutter Stamps & Hearts A Flutter Framelits—I like the new choices of hearts, but my favorites are the three little banner shapes. They are so cute combined with the hearts, or as backgrounds for flowers, sentiments, buttons and bows. I think layering them behind punches will be fun!
4. Bitty Butterfly Punch—Awww…it's so adorable! It's the perfect size, and it makes me want to put a little butterfly on every card (almost as much as I want to add a Rhinestone Jewel to every card). Plus, it layers perfectly with the Elegant Butterfly Punch and coordinates with the textured Beautiful Wings Embosslit butterflies! Yay!
5. Beyond Plaid Stamp Set—Love, love, love the patterns in this set! Not only can you make fun background patterns, but you can use the stamped images for paper-piecing, punching, die-cutting shapes and more! Plus, they are masculine!!!! I have lots of fun ideas in mind for these! Stay tuned!
6. Secret Garden Stamps & Secret Garden Framelits—This set kind of reminds me of the Fabulous Florets, only it's more functional, especially when there are matching Framelits! It also reminds me of the old 5th Avenue Floral set, which I really miss. They will be great for random stamping backgrounds, embossing, watercoloring, stacking layers and much more!
7. Feel Goods Stamp Set—I'm way into self-improvement books and such, so this set of delightful motivational quotes is right up my alley! The font is very trendy, too! I may have to try making some wall art with the digital version on this one!
8. 3/8" Striped Organdy Ribbons—These colorful, striped ribbons in Marina Mist, Old Olive and Melon Mambo feel soft and are easy to tie, so I know I'll be using them a lot on my Spring projects! The only drawback is that they don't come in more colors!
9. Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack—Like the embossing folders, I love every one of the piercing templates! This one matches the new Oval Collection Framelits, plus the Hearts Collection Framelits (just in time for Valentine's), the Bitty Banners Framelits and a variety of punches. Gotta have it!
10. Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate—Last, but certainly not least, is the Too Cool new Simply Scored accessory that allows you to add 20 unique embossed borders to papercrafting projects! It's so much fun to mix and match the textured lines! Can't wait to see what creative ideas people will come up with to use this fun new tool!
Gosh! Are we done already?! I was just getting started…there are so many more Spring Catalog products I could have chosen!
Check out all of the Spring Catalog items at my Online Store!
What are your favorites from the Spring Catalog? Leave a comment below by Janaury 13, and I'll enter you to win one of my Spring Catalog Kick-Off Party 20-Card Kits! That's a $40 value! I'll announce a winner on January 14.
Fine Print & Whatnot: I'll randomly choose a winner from comments left on this post only between January 6 and January 13, 2013. US residents only. Card Kit includes all the pre-cut card stock and supplies to make 20 cards using products from the Spring Catalog. As per Stampin' Up! policy, no stamping is included. Add your own stamps, inks and adhesives to complete.