Hurry—Only Three More Days!
"Last Thursdays" Is This Thursday! Sign Up Now!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Nov. 29. RSVP by Nov. 28.
- Merry Moments Scrapbook Class-To-Go – Order by Nov. 30.
- Wow Techniques Class – December 14. RSVP by December 12.
CASEd from a card at the Lansing Regionals (contact me if it's yours).
We gave Santa a makeover a couple days ago, but let's not forget about his little helpers! Santa's elves are already busy working tirelessly this Christmas season, but a couple of them took some time to dance on these two cool cards!
Let's get right to the heart and "sole" of the card, shall we?! With their Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine laces, Rhinestone Jewels buttons, and Red Glimmer Paper poms, these Gumball Green shoes are simply adorable! Do you recognize what they are made from? It's the Top Note Die!
Create Your Own Elf Shoes
- You can get two pair of shoes from one Top Note Die cut into quarters.
- Use the Ornament Punch as shown above to snip off the top of the shoe. TIP: For symmetrical shoes, punch two quarters at the same time.
- Use a 1" Circle Punch the same way to snip off the top of the shoe where the socks will go.
The fun part was finding some funky striped socks for the elves to wear! These are from the Snow Festival Designer Series Paper, cut into 3/4" strips.
I added an accent stamped from the Mixed Medley Hostess set. The Cherry Cobbler layer was punched with the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, and the Gumball Green sentiment was punched with the 3/4" Circle Punch.
The 5" x 3-3/4" Whisper White background is embossed with Petals-a-Plenty Texture Impressions Folder, then layered on 5-1/4" x 4" Gumball Green card stock and adhered to the Cherry Cobbler base.
Although I adore the Candlelight Christmas socks on the first card, my Perfect Polka Dots embossed background didn't turn out so perfect. I added SNAIL adhesive to the embossed side (so the de-bossed side will show), and it pushed in all the little polka dots around the edge. So, I tried to smash in all the dots so it looks like it was on purpose. The beauty is that the recipient will never know it wasn't! Unless you tell them…ssshhh!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Mixed Medley Hostess set
- Ink—Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green Classic Ink
- Paper—Snow Festival DSP; Candlelight Christmas DSP; Red Glimmer Paper; Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine
- Tools—Petals-a-Plenty Impressions Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Impresions Folder, Top Note Die, Big Shot, Ornament Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Glue, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects and more at my Online Store!
Holiday Catalog Quick Links!
- See Holiday Catalog PDF
- Browse Holiday Catalog by Flash Player
- Shop Holiday Catalog Items Online
- Holiday Stampin' Supplies List – for samples in the catalog
November Promos Quick Links!
- Ink-redible FREE Ink Pads—For Hostesses & New Recruits!
- New Single Stamps now available for a limited time!
- Online Extravaganza—Now thru November 28!