►LAST DAY for FREE SHIPPING!◄
- No minimum orders needed for FREE SHIPPING!
- Order online for direct shipment to your door with FREE SHIPPING! Even my local customers can do this and save themselves a pick up trip!
- Please use Hostess Code UEJFC7AP when ordering at my Online Store.
I have LOTS of stamping friends taking advantage of the FREE Shipping promotion! The special ends today, get those retired items, stock up on essentials and save, save, SAVE!
CASEd from Lisa Young at Add Ink & Stamp.
I couldn't make up my mind what color of card base I wanted, so I tried out both Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana. My class attendees got to select their choice.
Bird Image—I stamped the bird image in Early Espresso onto the 4-7/8" x 3-5/8" Whisper White card stock. Then I stamped again on scrap and colored the robin in using Baked Brown Sugar and Cajun Craze ink and a Blender Pen. The colored bird is hand-cut and popped with a Dimensional.
Gorgeous Shoreline Effect—I used the medium-size splotch from the Gorgeous Grunge set to add a couple of stamps of Coastal Cabana water along the corner. On this version, I stamped off the color once before stamping onto the card.
I followed that with the Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamp inked in Baked Brown Sugar to give the effect of sand and rock. So subtle and easy to give the effect of the water's edge.
Finishing Touches—I made this darker version into a sympathy card with the sentiment from Simply Sketched. It's die-cut with that cute little label shape from the Circle Thinlits set.
I matted the stamped layer with some Early Espresso measuring 5" x 3-3/4", then tied it with some retiring Soft Suede 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon before adhering it to the card front.
Brighter—I thought the brighter, Coastal Cabana version looked more like a birthday card. I just adore this set because it makes awesome masculine cards. I think this card could go either way, don't you?
Bolder—I stamped the shoreline elements at full-strength this time for a bolder look.
Shimmery—If you see some shimmering flecks, you're not imagining them. I felt like the card needed a little something more, so I pulled out my retired Champagne Shimmer Mist, added it to my Color Spritzer with some rubbing alcohol, and spritzed it on! Man, I sure do miss that instant sparkle spritz. I'd spray it on every card if I could (right, Carmen?!).
Complete Supplies List (retiring):
- Stamps—Simply Sketched Hostess Set (wood), Gorgeous Grunge (wood)
- Ink—Blender Pen; Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Cajun Craze Classic Ink
- Paper—Baked Brown Sugar (card #1), Coastal Cabana (card #2), Early Espresso and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Soft Suede 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Champagne Shimmer Mist (retired)
- Tools—Circle Card Thinlits, Big Shot, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't Miss These!