- Have you earned all of the FREE Sale-a-Bration goodies that you wanted?
- Have you considered getting that amazing $99 Starter Kit Deal with $175 in your choice of products with FREE shipping?
- Did you want to get that cool Craft & Carry Tote along with your Starter Kit deal?
Don't Miss Your Final Chance! Check out all the Sale-a-Bration details to make sure you don't leave any incentives on the table!
Part of My Story Butterfly Card
I had to stock up on the Botanical Butterfly DSP because it makes the best quick backgrounds for a simple sentiment focal point!
Background Basics—I started by embossing a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White with the Layered Leaves Dynamic Texture Impressions Folder. It's adhered onto a 4" x 5-1/4" layer of Highland Heather cardstock with Tear & Tape, then mounted onto Thick Whisper White cardstock.
Next, I layered a 3" x 4" piece of Botanical Butterfly DSP onto a 3-1/8" x 4-1/8" piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock. Before attaching it to the card front with Dimensionals, I wrapped some White Flax Ribbon around the layers.
Ribbon Accent—I tied some Gorgeous Grape Mini Striped Ribbon around the ends of the Flax Ribbon to secure it. What a fun way to add ribbon!
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Part of My Story sentiment in Basic Gray ink onto Whisper White cardstock and punched it with a 2" Circle Punch. Part of My Story is another stamp set you can earn for FREE during Sale-a-Bration. I layered the circle onto a Highland Heather Starburst punched shape and popped it up over the ribbon with Dimensionals.
Finishing Touches—I punched a Highland Heather bitty butterfly with the Butterfly Duet Punch and added it with a Glue Dot. I topped that off with a flower-shaped sequin from the Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins. Quick & cute!
- Start with a 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" piece of Highland Heather and score on the 1/2", 1-1/2", 3" and 4" marks. On a second 2-1/2" x 4-1/4" Highland Heather piece, score at the 1/2" and 1-1/2" marks.
- Fold on all score lines. Place a piece of tear & tape on the ½” section on each piece of Highland Heather.
- Adhere a 2-7/8" x 4" piece of Botanical Butterfly DSP to the larger Highland Heather piece.
- Lay the card base flat, remove the backing from the tape, fold the tab down and adhere.
- Adhere a 2-1/4" x 2-1/2" DSP layer to the smaller Highland Heather "step" piece.
- Line up the bottom edge of the “step” with the bottom edge and the left edge of the card, remove the tape backing, and adhere the tab. The lower portion of the step will still be loose. Adhere it just at the very bottom with SNAIL adhesive.
- Stamp the outline of the Butterfly Gala butterflies in Tuxedo Black ink.
- Stamp the inside of the wings in Highland Heather ink.
- Use the Balmy Blue Light Stampin’ Blend to add some blue details to the wings.
- Punch out the butterflies with the Butterfly Duet punch.
- AFTER punching out the butterflies, stamp the center body portion of both butterflies in Tuxedo Black ink.
- Punch 1” x 3” with the banner punch. Stamp “Sweet Wishes” from the Hello Cupcake stamp set on banner in Memento Tuxedo Black.
- Adhere the banner to the front of the card. Embellish with Gingham Gala Sequins.
- Tie a knot in the Flax Ribbon, adhere to the card with 3 mini glue dots (one in the center and on each ribbon tail).
- Fold the butterflies in half so the “fly”, adhere to the card with mini glue dots.
- Stamp the Hello Cupcake “Celebrate Your Day” in Tuxedo Black on the 4” x 4 ¼” white piece. Adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP at the top. Adhere this to the back of the step card. This is the “inside” of the card.
- The card folds flat and fits in a standard envelope for mailing. Then the recipient can stand it up to display.
• • • • •
Thanks For Stopping By Today!