* * * * RETIRING STAMPS FACEBOOK CONTEST! * * * *
The Retired Stamp List from the 2012-2013 Annual Catalog will be announced on Wednesday, April 24. Which sets do you think will be retiring? Let me know and you could be a winner of one of those retired sets!
To Enter: Head on over to my Too Cool Stamping Facebook Page and do the following before 11:50 pm on Tuesday, April 23, 2013:
- If you haven't already, "Like" my Too Cool Stamping Facebook page.
- Post on my page which 10 stamp sets you think will be leaving this year.
If you guess the most retired sets correctly, you win one of my retired stamp sets! It's that easy!
If we have a tie, then I'll randomly select a winner. You must enter on my facebook page by 11:50pm on April 23, 2013. I will give the winner a selection of retired sets to choose one set from as the prize. No purchase necessary to enter. Demonstrators may enter. US Residents only.
"Last Thursdays" Class—Thursday, April 25
My monthly "Last Thursdays" card class is coming up this Thursday, April 25, at 6:30pm at my Too Cool Stamping Studio in Fort Wayne, IN. Make 4
cards for $10 or the class is FREE with an order* placed at the event.
Birthday Cards! This month we're doing a birthday theme, but most cards can be used for other occasions when you change the sentiment!
- Henry Says It's Your Birthday—This whimsical elephant is perfect for any age! Featuring Beyond Plaid stamps and paper piecing.
- Up, Up & Away Birthday—A cool summertime birthday card featuring two-step stamping and border punches.
- Dressed Up Birthday—Shabby chic and feminine for a birthday or Mother's Day. Features Dress Up Framelits, Elements of Style stamps and pretty embellishments.
- So Many Candles Birthday—Use some International Bazaar Paper and the Blossom Petals Builder Punch to poke some fun on this birthday card.
Want to join us? Please RSVP by Tuesday, April 24, at 5pm.
*Minimum order is $20 for the FREE class. Workshop, private class, Stamp Clubs and other class orders do not qualify.
Class-To-Go "Last Thursdays" Class Kit
Can't make it to my class? Class-To-Go Card Kits are available for a limited time! I include all the pre-cut, pre-punched, and pre-die-cut card supplies, plus embellishments, for all four cards. The Kits do not include adhesives, piercing or pre-stamping (per Stampin' Up! policy).
Class-To-Go Card Kit Price:
- FREE with a $50 order placed at my Online Store from now thru Friday, April 26, 2013. Please use the following Hostess Code: YAZM47WT
- $10 plus $5.60 for shipping (or pick it up at my Too Cool Stamping Studio in Fort Wayne, IN). Contact me for payment details.
Order Online today to qualify for your FREE "Last Thursdays" Class Kit!
Please use Hostess Code: YAZM47WT
My April "Last Thursdays" birthday series kicks off with a fun card that pokes a little fun at those "older" birthdays!
CASEd from Natasha Hein at Diary of Two Crafty Girls.
One of the reasons that makes this card so awesome is that it is a fantastic way to use up leftover scraps of coordinating Designer Series Paper. Here, I used some of my International Bazaar DSP. Trying to use it up before it retires next month.
The base of the card is Rich Razzleberry. For the background, I embossed a piece of 3-3/4" x 5" Pacific Point with the Chevron Texture Folder, then layered it on a Tangerine Tango mat that is 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" so it's just peeking out.
The candles are 5/8" wide, and I hated using that measurement, but 1/2" was too skinny and 3/4" was too wide. I cut each of the candles at different lengths: 3", 3-1/2" and 4".
Did you figure out how I did the flames yet? They are punched from Brights Designer Paper with the Blossom Petals Builder Punch. Too Cool!
The sentiment is from Bring On The Cake, inked in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White card stock, then punched with the Decorative Label Punch.
I adhered a bow made with the retired Sale-A-Bration Tangerine Tango satin ribbon as an accent.
My horizontal version uses the Honeycomb Texture Folder and this time I trimmed off the candles flush with the background…before adhering it to the mat.
And, I added a second layer of "petals" onto my flames. I love that detail!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Bring On The Cake
- Ink—Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink
- Paper—Daffodil Delight Brights Designer Series Paper Stack; International Bazaar DSP; Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Sycamore Street Tangerine Tango Satin Ribbon (retired)
- Tools—Chevron Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Honeycomb Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big
Shot, Blossom Petals Builder Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Glue Dots,
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Can't wait to see what you all guess for the retiring sets! Enter at my Too Cool Stamping Facebook Page now!