Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLASS: "Last Thursdays" Class—August 28
- CLASS: Stamp-of-the-Month – Fall Fest Class—Sept. 11. Register by Sept. 4.
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- SPECIAL: Short & Sweet Starter Kit Promo—Now Thru August 28
- SPECIAL: Big Shot & Bundles Special—Now Thru August 31
- SPECIAL: 50% Off Paper Pumpkin Kits—Ends September 10
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
August 28, 6:30pm, Too Cool Stamping Studio
- Class Fee—$10 OR it's FREE with a minimum order* placed at the event! (Club members may select this class for FREE)
- Class-To-Go Kits Available—Supplies are pre-cut—just add stamping & adhesives. PDF instructions will be emailed. Class fee: $10, plus $5.60 for Priority Shipping. OR, get the kit for FREE when you place a minimum $50 order at my Online Store by August 28 using this Hostess Code: H9XKHF79
RSVP to me by Wednesday, August 27.
*Fine Print: Minimum $20 order for FREE local class; $50 minimum order for a FREE Class-To-Go Kit. Order may not be combined with other workshop, class, or other special events orders. US residents only.
August's "Last Thursdays" Projects
- Bloom With Hope With Blendabilities—Try Blendabilities on this pretty Bloom With Hope card.
- Slanted Typeset Flower Patch—Learn tips on two-step stamping with photopolymer stamps and try the slanted DSP technique, too!
- Blended Papillon Butterflies—Blend two colors of Blendabilities to bring these butterflies to life!
- Mixed Bunch Stamped Texture—A Too Cool background technique using daubers, a spritzer and an embossing folder!
This Is A Stamp Club Class Choice—If you're a member of my Too Cool Stamp Club, you can choose to take this class each month for FREE! See complete details! Want to join the club? I'm currently signing up stampers for Group #2.
Do you ever discover a new stamping technique and it makes you so giddy that you jump up and down, clap your hands together really fast and squeal with joy? No? Just me then? Well, I'm sure you'll do the next best thing when you see today's fun technique—Stamping With Embossing Folders!
This isn't about a raised embossed texture on the actual card. It's simply inking up the pattern on the embossing folder and stamping with it for an amazing watercolor background effect. And, you KNOW I love me a good background technique!
Let's learn how it's done…
* * * * *
Stamping With Embossing Folders How-To
- Use Sponge Daubers to add Classic Ink colors directly to one side of an embossing folder. Use several colors that will blend well together and apply them randomly without overlapping.
- TIP: I like to use one Sponge Dauber for each color family and I wrap and tape a strip of card stock around the dauber so I know which colors are which.
- TIP: You'll get a different pattern depending on which side of the embossing folder you use. I used the "middles" of the Zig Zag pattern on this example, and I used the "outlines" of the same folder on my second card (shown at the bottom of this post).
- Spritz the inked folder with water several times until the ink starts beading.
- Lay your Whisper White card stock or, even better, Watercolor Paper, on top of the inked folder. Hold it in place and burnish over the entire piece gently with your fingers to transfer the ink to the paper.
- Lift the paper off, straight up, and let it dry thoroughly before adhering to your project.
- You'll need to clean your folder before you stamp another piece, so you don't contaminate your ink pads with the wrong colors.
- TIP: The fastest and easiest way I've found to clean folders is to simply rinse them under tap water and blot dry with a towel.
* * * * *
CASEd from Margaret Raburn at Fun Stampin' With Margaret..
As soon as I saw this fabulous card from Margaret Raburn, I knew I had to copy it! It's made with all of my most favoritest colors in one card! Woot!
Background Basics—I started with a 4-7/8" x 3-5/8" Whisper White card stock, which I stamped with the inked Honeycomb Embossing Folder. After it was completely dry, I mounted it on a 5" x 3-3/4" layer of Island Indigo and adhered to an Olive Olive card base.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Lots of Thanks sentiment in Old Olive on a 3-1/2" x 3/4" strip of Whisper White, then fish-tailed the ends. It's adhered with SNAIL on top of the 5" x 1-1/4" piece of Island Indigo on the card front.
Watercolored Honeycomb—I sponged on Island Indigo, Old Olive and Perfect Plum on the "middles" of the the Honeycome Embossing Folder. The wetter areas are more of a watercolor wash look, and the areas with less water have more of a stippled and distressed look. Both are pretty fantastic!
Mixed Bunch Blossom—I stamped the Mixed Bunch flower in Perfect Plum onto Perfect Plum card stock two times. One image was punched with the Blossom Punch and the second image was punched with the 7/8" Scallop Punch to create a popped up flower center.
Each petal of the flower is bent up, then curved under with a Bone Folder.
Ribbon Leaves—I see these pretty loops of ribbon and twine under flowers all the time, but had never added it to any my projects…until this one! I looped the 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon, adhering it to the back of the flower with Fast Fuse Adhesive. What a fun detail!
- Stamps—Mixed Bunch (wood), Lots of Thanks (wood) card #1, Peace, Love & Cupcakes (wood) card #2
- Ink—Island Indigo, Perfect Plum and Old Olive Classic Ink
- Paper—Old Olive, Island Indigo and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon
- Tools—Honeycomb Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Zig Zag Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Blossom Punch, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers, Fast Fuse, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Want to try this technique at my "Last Thursdays" class? RSVP today!
Have You Seen These?
- NEW Remaining 6 Blendabilities Markers Now Available!
- NEW Project Life Product Line—Quick & easy memory keeping system!
- Pre-Paid Paper Pumpkin Subscriptions—Now available for easy ordering!
- NEW Arrivals—See the latest product releases!
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!