We had SO many Make & Takes to do at Leadership, there was no way we could get everything done in the time allowed!
That's OK! I like to take my time and work on them later anyway…so we mostly chatted and only got two out of the 10 projects done. LOL! Plus, we each received one of these at each place setting…
…a Fancy Favor box to match our notepad organizer! What a cute and simple idea! It was filled with three kinds of chocolate that was handmade by a Stampin' Up! employee. (I love all the little details that Stampin' Up! provides!) But, who can concentrate on creativity when there's chocolate?!!!
Fancy Favor Box Supplies: Cherry Cobbler 12×12" Card Stock, Fancy Favor Die, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon. (Wish I had the chocolate recipes to share!)
Our Make & Take supplies came in this brown logo bag (a little worse for wear after the plane ride). The projects were packaged up with photos and instructions, and came with all the buttons, ribbon, and other embellishments we would need.
Somehow, between the chatting and the chocolate, my friend Mary Ellen and I got the first project accomplished!
We did the one with the Two Cool cards first…how appropriate! This project fits my "make one to give and one to keep" philosophy! We were supposed to make two cards and donate one to Ronald McDonald House Charities, one of the many organizations with which Stampin' Up! is partnered. That IS too cool!
My favorite part of this card is the flower! It uses the new Blossom Punch, and I love the idea of snipping between each petal for more texture and dimension!
The flower center is a Bright Button tied with Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine and layered on a piece from the new Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit! Isn't it so pretty and delicate!
To be honest, I wasn't all that interested in the Blossom Builders Kit, mainly because I like to stamp and color my own flowers. But, I love the idea of mixing the pre-printed pieces with stamped and punched flowers! When I think of how I could use them that way, there are endless possibilities!
The Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit includes two double-sided sheets of colorfully printed, die-cut blossoms on textured paper. One side of each flower is patterned and the other side is a solid color. Mix, match and layer to create dozens of one-of-a kind flower embellishments! You also get 30 pink rhinestones to decorate the blooms!
I know you're gonna fall in love with these pre-printed flowers, too, once I complete my Make & Takes and share them with you! Every one of them uses parts and pieces from this fantastic kit! I wish I had them all done, because I can't wait to show you!
Here's another cool tip! Did you know you can make card stock ric rac with the Scallop Edge Border Punch? Punch on one side of your card stock, then flip it over and offset the scalloped punches on the other side. Neat-O!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Thank You Kindly, Mixed Bunch
- Ink—Old Olive, Daffodil Delight Classic Ink
- Paper—Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Poppy Parade, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, Bright Buttons
- Tools—Blossom Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Shop online for these and more new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
* * * * *
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50—For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $150 and earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Tote. Host a workshop of $400, earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Bundle. All this, plus the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive $50 off your Starter Kit! Plus, receive FREE Designer Series Paper or digital download EVERY month for the rest of 2012! Sign up today!