Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Sign Up For The Next Group!
- CLASS: Stamper Sampler—April 22.
- CLASS: "Last Thursdays" Card Class—April 30
- FREE SHIPPING—On everything! April 6-10 only!
- Occasions Catalog—Spring items available thru June 2, 2015
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Grab Your Wish List & SAVE! April 6-10 Only!
- FREE Shipping On Every Order!
- No Minimum Order Needed!
- Ship Online Direct To Your Door—No Extra Cost!
FREE Gift—Order $50 With This Hostess Code!
Place a minimum $50 order at my Online Store using the Hostess Code JDRMNYFK and receive a 4-pack of amazing handmade cards exclusively from Too Cool Stamping!
*Please Note: If you select "Do not allow my demonstrator to contact me" I can't see your information, so I won't be able to send you your gift. Offer good for orders placed April 6-10, 2015 only.
Hi Stamping Friends!
I've got three cool cards for you today! I have to admit that I'm in a little bit of a panic over losing this year's In Colors. I feel like I have to create with them as much as possible before they are gone for good. Remember to order these colors early, before the Retired Lists are announced on April 21, because they will sell out quickly after that!
Stampin' Up! has announced the new Weekly Deals, good thru Monday, April 13, 2015! This week, you'll save on the Fun Flower Punch, Flower Fair Framelits, Star Framelits and more!
Love Is Kindness was one of those stamps that I wasn't going to get. But, there is just something about this little bouquet of tulips wrapped in newsprint that is so sweet. Plus, it's only a single stamp, and it's only $8.95, so…ok, ok, I'll get it! Twist my arm!
CASEd from Susie Wood at Stamp With Susie.
Background Basics—Each of my cards started with a traditional card base, but I trimmed 1-1/4" off the card front edge with the Stampin' Trimmer. I adhered a 1-1/2" x 5-1/4" strip of Typeset Designer Series Paper to the inside edge of the card, which does double-duty as the background for the focal point, too!
Kind Tulips—I stamped the Love Is Kindness image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a 2-3/4" x 3-3/4" piece of Very Vanilla. The image is colored with the Coastal Cabana & Wild Wasabi ink pads and a Blender Pen. Learn about this coloring technique in this Watercoloring with Blender Pens Video.
TIP: For a shaded look, lay the color over the whole flower first, then go back and add another layer of color in the areas you want to be darker. Do not over-blend, because the paper will start to pill.
I used a 2-Way Glue Pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds in between the tulip petals. Look closely and you can see the line of sparkle!
Wrapping It Up—I layered the flowers on a 3" x 4" mat of Basic Black card stock, then popped up the focal point with Dimensionals. Be careful to only add the Dimensionals on the parts that cover the card front, not the part the overlaps the inside! Ask me how I know.
I finished the card by wrapping Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine around the card front and tying it into a double-knot.
Two Cool—I created another version in Strawberry Slush card stock and inks. I tried a twine bow on this one.
Such a pretty spring color! You can see the diamonds on this one a little better.
Inside Décor—I adhered my 1-1/2" x 5-1/4" Typeset strip onto a 4" x 5-1/4" Very Vanilla card liner. The corner was stamped with the flowers and colored to match! Love it!
Three Cool—The final version is in Crisp Cantaloupe.
Which color combination do you like best? Leave me a comment!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Love is Kindness
- Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Wild Wasabi, Coastal Cabana (card #1), Strawberry Slush (card #2), Crisp Cantaloupe (crisp #3) Classic Ink
- Paper—Typeset Specialty DSP; Coastal Cabana (card #1), Strawberry Slush (card #2), Crisp Cantaloupe (crisp #3) & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine (card #1), Strawberry Slush Thick Baker's Twine (card #2), Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker's Twine (crisp #3), Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Stampin' Trimmer, Blender Pens, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Stampin' Quick Links