Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- CLASS: "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—RSVP by TODAY October 30.
- CLASS: Dec. Countdown To Christmas—Cheerful Christmas. Register by Nov. 19.
- CLASS: Dec Stamp-of-the-Month—Get Your Santa On
- 2014 Holiday Supplement PDF—Browse items Online.
- SPECIAL: FREE Good Greetings Stamp Set—With a $300 workshop.
- SPECIAL: Pick A Pack of Paper Starter Kit Promo—Earn 6 packs of DSP!
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I've got another card to share with you from tonight's "Last Thursdays" monthly card class. I saw this card, originally created by Lyssa Zwolanek, earlier this year at the end of the winter season and I've been patiently waiting to bring it out again for one of my classes. I love, love, LOVE it!
Lyssa's card was very similar to the first card with the Pool Party background, but I also wanted to try a "warmer" version in more realistic wood colors. Oooohh! I love the look of both of them! My class participants will be able to select their favorite one to create tonight.
This is a very versatile card design because it could not only be used for Christmas, but also all through the winter months for birthdays, thinking of you, thank you, etc.
CASEd from Lyssa Zwolanek at Song of My Heart Stampers.
Background Basics—Stamp the front of the Pool Party card base with the Hardwood background stamp in Early Espresso ink.
TIP: I like to ink my background stamps, then lay them rubber-side-up on the table and place my card stock on top to stamp it. Carefully hold the paper in place and burnish over the entire piece to transfer all of the ink successfully.
Lovely Trees—I stamped the Lovely As A Tree image in Early Espresso ink onto a piece of 4-1/4" x 2-3/4". Once the ink was completely dry, I lightly sponged some Pool Party Ink on the sky of the tree landscape. This layer is matted on a 4-1/4" x 3" Early Espresso layer and attached to the card front with SNAIL.
Snowy Sparkle—I dotted the trees and traced the lines on the ground with the 2-Way Glue Pen, then sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to create the sparkly snow. EEEEeeeee! So pretty!
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped a Wetlands greeting in Early Espresso on scrap Whisper White, then die-cut it with the label framelit from the Circle Card Thinlits. It's popped up with Dimensionals.
Finishing Touches—I added a small piece of Naturals Chevron Ribbon underneath my sentiment with Multipurpose Glue for some natural texture. A Silver Basics Metal Button is adhered on top with a Glue Dot, and a Linen Thread bow is adhered on top of that, also with a Glue Dot.
I'm liking the added warmth of this version with the Baked Brown Sugar card base, too! The stamping and sponging are exactly the same as the first card.
Finishing Touches 2—I used a different Wetlands sentiment on this version and swapped out the silver button for gold.
Which color combination do you like best? Let me know in the Comments Section!
- Stamps—Lovely As A Tree (wood), Hardwood (wood), Wetland (wood)
- Ink—Early Espresso, Pool Party Classic Ink
- Paper—Pool Party (card #1), Baked Brown Sugar (card #2), Early Espresso, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Naturals Chevron Ribbon, Basic Silver Metal Buttons (card #1), Basics Gold Metal Buttons (card #2), Linen Thread, Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Circle Card Thinlits, Big Shot, Sponges, 2-Way Glue Pen, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!