My Wow Techniques Class is tonight and this is the final project we'll be creating featuring embossed vellum butterflies.
In keeping with my butterfly theme for the month, I created these Two Cool cards using the Beautiful Butterflies Die to create a stunning, layered accent.
In Color Reminder:
I've been trying to do a lot of creating with my favorite colors from
the 2011-2013 In Colors because they'll be GONE in less than 3 months! Can you believe it?
I'm starting to get a little panicked because I love purples and I'm not
ready to give up my Wisteria Wonder!
Be sure to get all of your
favorite In Colors before they are gone with the new Annual Catalog
release on June 1, 2013.
Card Base: I trimmed a piece of 5-1/2" x 2-3/4" Melon Mambo with a Whisper White decorative border die-cut with the Finishing Touches Edgelits before adhering it to the Wisteria Wonder card stock base.
Butterfly Embellishment: Wow! This butterfly embellishment is amazing in person! I die-cut Wisteria Wonder card stock and Vellum Card stock layers in the two middle sizes on the Beautiful Butterflies Die.
I stamped You Are Loved flowers in VersaMark Ink on the larger vellum butterfly, then heat embossed with White Embossing Powder. The smaller vellum butterfly is stamped and embossed with the flourish from Creative Elements. TIP: You'll definitely need some tweezers to hold the vellum in place while heating.
I punched a 1/8" hole in the center of the two smaller butterfly layers and added the Designer Build-A-Brad. The center of the brad is stamped with an Melon Mambo Itty Bitty Bits flower and punched with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack Circle Punch to perfectly fit under the Build-a-Brad self-adhesive bubble-cover.
Lots of Dimensionals are used to give the butterfly a fantastic 3D look!
Labels Collection Fancy Fan Panel: The second version features a textured panel behind the butterfly. I cut the strip of Wisteria Wonder to be about 2-1/2" wide, then die-cut the top and bottom with a Labels Collection Framelit. It's textured with the Fancy Fan Texture Impressions Folder.
Embossed Sentiment: I used the sentiments from the Sale-A-Bration Bloomin' Marvelous stamp set. If you look closely, you'll see that (once again) I forgot to use my Embossing Buddy to eliminate the static and fingertip oils from my card. There are lots of little flecks…why don't I ever remember to do this?! It looks so much crisper and cleaner with this quick, extra step!
The scalloped edges are from the Adorning Accents Edgelits.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Bloomin' Marvelous (SAB #129654 c, #129651 w), You Are Loved, Creative Elements, Itty Bitty Bits
- Ink—VersaMark Ink
- Paper—Vellumn Card Stock; Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Designer Build-A-Brads, White Embossing Powder
- Tools—Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Folder, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Fnishing Touches Edgelits (card #1), Adorning Accents Edgelits (card #2), Labels Collections Framelit (card #2), Big
Shot, Itty Bitty ShapesPunch Pack, 1/8" Hole Punch, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool,
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn…choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!
And, don't forget that you can earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Celebration Stamp Camp when you place at least $150 in orders during Sale-A-Bration! Click the above link for details!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
Wow! This list just keeps growing and growing! There are so many exciting things happening with Stampin' Up! right now!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription. Sign up by March 10.
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—One more opening available.
- NEW The Basics Online Class—34 project lessons, only $14.95
- NEW Photopolymer All-Clear Stamps—New Designer Typeset set!
- Hostess Codes—Learn how you can earn more Hostess Benefits!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!