My monthly Wow Techniques Class is coming up on Friday, March 8, at 6:30pm, and, this month it's all about butterflies!
If you're in the Fort Wayne area and would like to join us, I still have a few openings left just for you! Please let me know by 9pm on March 7!
See my Wow Techniques Class page for details and how to get your class for FREE every month by signing up for my Stamp Club!
I CASEd this Wow Techniques project from the example in the Spring Catalog on page 19. My favorite thing about this card is that it is stunning and QUICK!
The first card is exactly like the one featured in the catalog. I started with a Crumb Cake card base, stamped with the Sale-A-Bration Vintage Verses in VersaMark and embossed in Pool Party Embossing Powder.
The Swallowtail image is also stamped in VersaMark and embossed on a 4" square of Summer Starfruit.
The Wow comes when you add some Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint to the butterfly wings! Use a Sponge Dauber to gently rub on a thin layer, then allow to dry, or speed up the drying time by using the Heat Tool on the low setting.
The butterfly layer is popped up with Dimensionals.
This is the card we'll actually be creating at class! I liked the contrast of the Island Indigo card base behind the Summer Starfruit.
I also added a 1" x 5-1/2" piece of Pool Party card stock, texture embossed with the Fancy Fan Folder for more balanced Pool Party color.
The sentiment is from Lacy & Lovely. Heat embossing is a fantastic way to add a sentiment to dark colored card stock!
TIP: Be sure to rub your Embossing Buddy pad over the card stock before stamping so that you remove any static or oily residue from your fingers. You don't want any stray powder sticking where you don't want it to be.
That is it! You really need to see this one in person to get the full shimmery effect, but trust me, it's absolutely gorgeous!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Swallowtail, Vintage Verses (card #1, SAB #129636 c, #129633 w), Lacy & Lovely (card #2),
- Paper—Summer Starfruit, Crumb Cake (card #1), Island Indigo (card #2), Pool Party (card #2) card stock
- Accessories—Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint, Pool Party Embossing Powder
- Tools—Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Fancy Fan Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big
Shot, Sponge Dauber,
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn…choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!
And, don't forget that you can earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Celebration Stamp Camp when you place at least $150 in orders during Sale-A-Bration! Click the above link for details!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
Wow! This list just keeps growing and growing! There are so many exciting things happening with Stampin' Up! right now!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—One more opening available.
- NEW The Basics Online Class—34 project lessons, only $14.95
- NEW Photopolymer All-Clear Stamps—New Designer Typeset set!
- Hostess Codes—Learn how you can earn more Hostess Benefits!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!