- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—July 25, 6:30pm. Details.
- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper—See details.
- Pick A FREE Project Kit—See details.
- NEW $10 Paper Pumpkin Kits For 2 Months—Learn more!
- NEW Undefined Carving Stamp Kit—Now available!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Whew! Still trying to catch up on my sleep and get back into the groove again! I'll be working on my Last Thursdays cards today, so hopefully I can give you a sneak peek tomorrow. And, I'll be showing you some snippets of Convention later this week, too. Be sure to check out my Too Cool Stamping Facebook page for random Convention tidbits that you won't find here.
Today, I've got an awesome card to show you from Michelle Hoover. I think it's the last one from our Too Cool Demo Team swaps a couple weeks ago. Check this out!
Michelle found this awesomely gorgeous card, designed by Sandi MacIver, and she created one for everyone at our team swap. I love it! So many pretty, pretty details and it uses my current favorite set…the Simply Sketched Hostess set!
The Simply Sketched images are stamped in StazOn Black onto Very Vanilla card stock, then colored with Bermuda Bay and Baked Brown Sugar inks and a Blender Pen. The background is also stamped lightly (roll off some ink first) with the Very Vintage Stampin' Around Wheel and the "memories" stamp (stamped off) from the Loving Thoughts set.
The Papillon Potpourri butterfly is also stamped in Baked Brown Sugar and punched with the Bitty Butterfly Punch. The focal point layers are die-cut with the Ovals Collection Framelits.
The Simply Sketched sentiment is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar and punched with the Oval Punch. I love the layered shapes! The 1-3/8" Circle punch of Bermuda Bay is embossed with the Square Lattice Folder. The bottom Baked Brown Sugar layer is die-cut with the Apothecary Accents Framelits and decorated with Pearl Jewels.
My favorite element on this card is the diagonal strip of Baked Brown Sugar going across the background of the card. It's also embossed with the Square Lattice Folder and flanked by the newsprint paper from Modern Medley DSP. Beautiful!
TIP: Michelle used the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate to mark where she wanted to cut her diagonal strips, then she cut the score lines with the Stampin' Trimmer. Easy-peasy!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Simply Sketched Hostess Set (wood), Papillon Potpourri (wood), Loving Thoughts (wood), Very Vintage Wheel
- Ink—StazOn Black Ink; Baked Brown Sugar and Bermuda Bay Classic Ink
- Paper—Modern Medley DSP; Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Ovals Collection Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Square Lattice Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Bitty Butterfly Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Large Oval Punch, Simply Scored, Diagonal Plate, Stampin' Trimmer, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Thanks so much for sharing this stunning card, Michelle!