Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- Mini Magazine Holder Note Card Set—Thursday, April 17, 6:30pm.
- Peaceful Petals Class-To-Go Kit—Register by Tuesday, April 15.
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Thursday, April 24, 6:30pm.
Hi Stamping Friends!
If you're one of my Too Cool Stamping Facebook Page followers, you may have already seen a sneak peek of my new class project that I previewed yesterday.
It's a last-minute addition to my class schedule, but it was just so super cute I wanted to offer it as soon as I could squeeze it in! I hope you can join me either at my studio in Fort Wayne, or online with a Class-To-Go Kit!
Mini Magazine Holder Note Card Set Class
Mother's Day, graduations, baby & bridal showers, end-of-school-year teacher appreciation—you know you're gonna need some ideas for thoughtful gifts this time of year. This project is PERFECT for so many occasions, and it's handy, too! Join us and make one or more! See complete project details below!
- What: Mini Magazine Holder with 12 note cards & envelopes.
- When: Thursday, April 17, 6:30pm <OR> at my Anything Goes Open Stamp Night May 1
- Details: Choose your color from Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana or Strawberry Slush.
- Class Cost: $15 fee, receive a $10 rebate when you place a minimum order* at the event.
- RSVP By: April 16, 5pm, limited space is available.
* Minimum order of $25 before shipping & tax required for rebate. Cannot be combined with other classes, workshops, clubs or online orders.
Class-To-Go Kit—Cost is $15 plus $5.60 Priority Shipping <OR> FREE with a $50 online order (before shipping & tax) placed by April 16, at 5pm, using the Hostess Code 9ZMRF9DU. You'll receive all of the pre-cut supplies & embellishments to create and decorate the holder and assemble 12 note cards. Choose your 2013 In Color. No stamping, adhesives or Dazzling Diamonds are included.
Make Your Own Mini Magazine Holder—I found that there are many mini magazine holders all over the internet, but my project was inspired by Deb Valder at Stampladee.com. You can check out her blog post for a helpful Spiral Spins Magazine Holder Video Tutorial. Plus, she has printable instructions on her Spiral Spins Magazine Holder blog post (the link is on her page right below the video).
Magazine Holder Base—My projects started with a piece of 9" x 12" Soft Suede card stock, scored and cut to Deb's specifications, and adhered with Sticky Strip for a secure hold. TIP: If you want to add stamping, be sure to do it before you assemble the holder. I stamped the base with the flourish from Creative Elements in Soft Suede ink.
Side Décor—I gave the base a finished look by adding Soft Suede panels measuring 4-1/2" x 2" on the two sides and 1-1/2" x 2" on the end. Then, I decorated those base panels with patterned paper from the 2013-2015 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack. In this case I used Crisp Cantaloupe. Those pieces were cut to 4-1/4" x 1-3/4" for the sides and 1-1/4" x 1-3/4" for the end.
Ruffle Trim—After laying down a line of Sticky Strip along the top edge of each patterned paper panel, I adhered some Ruffle Stretch Trim to it and trimmed both ends. TIP: Adhere the trim so that it's taunt, but don't stretch it much or it may pull away from the Sticky Strip later.
Layered Flower Accent—I stamped the flower from the Creative Elements stamp set in Soft Suede onto Whisper White, then punched it out with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch. I stamped a second flower onto scrap Whisper White and cut out the middle of the flower by hand to eventually pop-up with Dimensionals. Each of the layers was colored with a Blender Pen and Crisp Cantaloupe Classic Ink. I added a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter with a 2-Way Glue Pen for some sparkle.
Butterfly—The butterfly is from the same Creative Elements set, stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe and hand-cut. it's popped with a Dimensionals and accented with Rhinestone Jewels.
I repeated process to make a flower and butterfly on the other side, too.
Note Card Measurements—I created six cards each in two different designs for the set. The layers are as follows:
- Base Card—5-1/2" x 4-1/4" (Soft Suede or Crisp Cantaloupe)
- Mat Layer—5-1/8" x 3-7/8" (Soft Suede or Crisp Cantaloupe)
- Note Card—5" x 3-3/4" (Whisper White, stamped first)
Note Cards Décor—On one design, I stamped the flower in Crisp Cantaloupe and the border design in Soft Suede. On the other design, I stamped the flourish in Soft Suede and the butterfly in Crisp Cantaloupe.
Matching Envelopes—I stamped the envelopes to coordinate with my note cards. I even embossed the envelope flap with the Fancy Fan Folder to match the pattern in the Designer Paper. Details, details!
Pistachio Pudding Version—For my second project, I duplicated the Magazine Holder set with Pistachio Pudding papers and inks.
I decorated the note cards the same way, too.
Coastal Cabana Version—I thought it would be fun to try a different stamp set for the next sample, so I used Everything Eleanor. The flourish looks fabulous on the holder background.
Floral Accents—I stamped two of the Everything Eleanor large flowers and two of the small flowers in Soft Suede, then colored them, layered them with Dimensionals, and added Dazzling Diamonds. It's repeated on both sides.
Note Cards—The Everything Eleanor elements were also great for decorating the notes. One version used the flourish in Soft Suede ink and the apothecary label image in Coastal Cabana. The other version showcases the two flowers in the same colors.
Envelopes—This time the envelopes are embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Folder to match the dots on the DSP.
Strawberry Slush Version—Of course, I had to finish out the In Colors and try one in Strawberry Slush. It's pretty much a duplicate of the Coastal Cabana one, with minor changes. This time, I used the fun circle image from Everything Eleanor as the backdrop for a single bloom on both sides.
Note Cards—I thought the red bird was kind of fun for the first design. And, I liked the floral design too much on the previous project to change it up on this one.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Creative Elements (wood) projects #1 & #2, Everything Eleanor (wood) projects #3 & #4
- Ink—Soft Suede, Crisp Cantaloupe (project #1), Pistachio Pudding (project #2), Coastal Cabana (project #3) and Strawberry Slush (project #4) Classic Ink
- Paper—2013-2015 In Color DSP Stack; Soft Suede, Crisp Cantaloupe (project #1), Pistachio Pudding (project #2), Coastal Cabana (project #3) and Strawberry Slush (project #4) and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim (project #1), Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim (project #2), Coastal Cabana Ruffle Stretch Trim (project #3) and Strawberry Slush Ruffle Stretch Trim (project #4) Rhinestone Jewels (projects #1 & #2), Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Stampin' Trimmer, Fancy Fan Texture Impressions Folder (projects #1 & #2), Perfect Polka Dots Texture Impressions Folder (projects #1 & #2), Big Shot, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (projects #1, #2 & #4), 2-Way Glue Pen, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Ready To Try The Mini Magazine Holder? Join us at my local class or get all the parts and pieces to make this fabulous gift project on your own with a Class-To-Go Kit. RSVP today!
Don't Miss These!