Too Cool Happenings!
- NEW Too Cool Stamp Club—Signups Open Now!
- TC Stamper Sampler Class—Modern Medley Set July 23
- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Paper – Thru July 31
- Blendabilities Markers Now Available!
- Browse the NEW Annual Catalog Online PDF
- Schedule A "BIG" Card Party To Earn Hostess Rewards!
My NEW Too Cool Stamp Club is more versatile than every before, making it perfect for enthusiastic stampers from my local Fort Wayne area, as well as online! More choices! Lower order minimum! More Hostess Benefits!
Sign Up Today! Signups for the first Stamp Club group are now open. If we get 10 people to participate by July 22, we'll start the Club this month! Contact me today to join!
Join With A Friend Bonus! Sign up today along with a friend and you'll each be able to select a FREE $5.95 item of your choice on your first Club order!
Thank you so much for the fantastic response to my premiere TC Stamper Sampler Class featuring the Modern Medley Card Set!
Because I'm using some retired products, there are only limited kits available! If you're interested joining us at the July 23 class, or purchasing a Class-To-Go Kit, contact me today!
Don't forget that you can get this class for only $10 if you're one of my Stamp Club members! I still have a few more openings for my first Stamp Club Group.
* * * * *
Today's project is a quick & easy one that is perfect for using up those little scraps of Designer Series Paper! Save those skinny scraps, combine them with coordinating papers, and do a woven collage!
My two cool cards were created with the most-awesome Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack. This pad of 48 double-sided patterns, in a 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" size, is so handy for cardmaking!
Plus, I love, love, love the colors and patterns of the Moonlight Stack! The papers on one side feature Lost Lagoon and the other side features Blackberry Bliss, so I had did one of each color combo!
Background Stamping Basics—I kept the background simple to keep all of the focus on the pretty paper patterns. I layered 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" Whisper White card stock onto 4" x 5-1/4" Hello Honey card stock, then mounted it on a Lost Lagoon card base. A 1-1/2" x 5-1/8" piece of Sahara Sand adds a little contrasting, yet neutral, color.
Sweet Sentiment—The small sentiments in the Something To Say stamp set are just the right size for this card design. This one is stamped in Lost Lagoon ink.
Woven Paper Focal Point—I gathered up 6 of the 12 Lost Lagoon colored designs from the DSP Stack, then trimmed them down to 3/4" wide strips.
Weaving TIPS—I laid out the papers to alternate between bold and busy patterns, then started weaving, adhering as I went along.
- Start with the two center strips by adhering them together in a "plus" shape.
- Then continue adding the outer strips, adhering as you go.
- Trim the ends of each strip in staggered lengths that are visually appealing.
My second card uses 6 patterns from the Blackberry Bliss designs in the Moonlight Stack.
Bitty Butterfly—Although the woven papers look fantastic standing on their own, I thought my cards needed a little butterfly friend to tag along. It's punched from Hello Honey card stock with the Bitty Butterfly Punch, attached to the card with a Glue Dot, and adorned with Pearl Jewels.
I added some random Pearls around the collage, too, to add some balance to the design. The sentiment is once again from the Something To Say set.
Which color combination do you like best?
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Something To Say (wood)
- Ink—Lost Lagoon (card #1), Blackberry Bliss (card#2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Moonlight DSP Stack; Lost Lagoon (card #1), Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss (card #2) and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Bitty Butterfly Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!