I'm really going to miss many of the versatile a la carte stamps that will be retiring on May 31.
Inspired by Leena Girsa at A La Cards: Fond Farewell
I used my absolute favorite technique, emboss resist, for this simply elegant card design.
See the beautiful Fine Flourish pattern peeking through the clear embossed Ornate Blossom image? It's easy to recreate…
Emboss Resist Technique
- Stamp the patterned image on Whisper White Card stock with a medium color ink. I used Lucky Limeade here.
- Allow the ink to dry thoroughly, using a Heat Tool if necessary to speed up the process.
- Stamp a bold image in VersaMark over the top of the stamped pattern, then heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Brayer a dark color ink over the entire image. You could also rub the ink pad direct-to-paper. I used Concord Crush.
- Finally, use a tissue to wipe off the excess ink that has been resisted on the embossed image.
If your original pattern is not dry, the clear powder may stick to it, which will give you a splotchy background, like the little green dots on the background above.
Other Card Details: I added the soon-to-retire Clear Rhinestone Brads to the flourish for some sparkle. Then, I used the Fine Flourish stamp to add Lucky Limeade patterns to my retiring Pear Pizzazz coordinating card stock on the card base. The card is finished with a strip of the retired Pear Pizzazz Pleated Ribbon.
The sentiment is from the soon-to-retire Pocket Silhouettes, stamped in Concord Crush, then double-punched with the Word Window Punch to shorten the length of the shape.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Pocket Silhouettes (retiring)
- Ink—VersaMark; Concord Crush, Lucky Limeade Classic Ink
- Paper—Lucky Limeade, Pear Pizzazz (retiring), Whisper White, Basic Black card stock
- Accessories—Pear Pizzazz Pleated Ribbon (retired), Clear Rhinestone Brads (retiring), Clear Embossing Powder
- Tools—Word Window Punch, Heat Tool, Paper Piercer, Brayer, Dimensionals, SNAIL
* * * * *
Don't wait! Order retiring stamp sets and accessories today at my Online Store!
Retiring Items Quick Links: