►Class-To-Go Kits Available For All Spring Classes!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for the complete schedule!
- Or, see details about the newest Spring class additions!
Hi Stamping Friends!
There's ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT to register for my Peachy Keen Class-To-Go Kit, the first class in my Spring Spectacular stamp-of-the month series. The deadline for pre-paid registration is Saturday, January 25. It's also the deadline to sign up for the Spring Spectacular Stamp Club to take all 5 classes and receive Hostess Benefits for one month.
Not sure if you like the Peachy Keen stamp set? Then you should know…
Stamp Set Substitutions Are OK! I've had several people tell me that they like the Retro Fresh paper, washi tape and Natural Chevron Ribbon, and they like the class projects, but they aren't so sure about the Peachy Keen set. Hey, I'm flexible! If you would like to substitute a different stamp set that's $14.95 or greater, I have no problem with that. If it's more, you just pay the difference. You'll still be able to use the supplies included in the kit to make your projects, you will just have some different images. Let me know if you would like a Peachy Keen kit with no Peachy Keen set!
* * * * *
January Peachy Keen Class—This class includes the Peachy Keen Stamp Set, a full package of Retro Fresh Washi Tape, a 1/4 pack (6×6") of Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper, and a full spool of Natural Chevron Ribbon to use on the projects. Plus, you'll get all the pre-cut supplies needed to create two cards with envelopes and a photo brag book. All you need to add is ink and adhesives! Cost $40.00 clear, $45.00 wood.
Peachy Keen Bundle Option—Features all of the above, plus the coordinating On Film Framelits. Cost $62.00 clear, $67.00 wood
Pre-Paid Registration By: January 25, 2014
Stamp Club Sign-Up Deadline: January 25, 2014
See the complete details of all of my stamp-of-the-month style classes on the Spring Spectacular Info Page.
* * * * *
One of the projects included in the Peachy Keen Class-To-Go Kit is this groovy photo brag book. It fits perfectly with the film and camera theme of the Peachy Keen stamp set and coordinating On Film Framelits!
The inside of the brag book contains 5 Clear Envelope pages that are the perfect size pockets to hold up to 10 photos back-to-back. Capture some cool shots from a special event and give them the spotlight! It makes a nice gift for friends or grandparents!
Brag Books Are Easy & Versatile! I've been making similar brag books for years and they are perfect for so many occasions because they are fun and easy to make. We've created them for wedding party favors, Girl Scout meetings, baby's firsts book, forever friends gifts, Christmas stocking stuffers, girl's birthday party activities and even to add to the front of a scrapbook page.
Basic Brag Book Construction
- Cut 2 pieces of 7-1/4" x 4-3/4" card stock for the front and back of the book. Score both pieces along the 7-1/4" side at the 1" mark.
- Cut a 2" x 4-3/4" piece of card stock, and score down the center at the 1" mark for the spine.
- Stack 5 (or more) Clear Envelopes and adhere them together using the adhesive already on the flap that seals the envelope. Adhere the stack to the back cover using the adhesive on the seal.
- Adhere the front cover to the envelope flaps with SNAIL.
- Adhere the spine to the front of the book only with Sticky Strip.
- Punch 1/8" holes or using a Piercing Tool to add holes for two Candy Dot Brad Bases, or similar brad.
- Adhere the spine to the back of the book with Sticky Strip to hide the brads.
Brag Book Base—Our Peachy Keen Brag Book uses So Saffron card stock for the covers, stamped randomly with the Peachy Keen squares in So Saffron ink. Confession…I added the Retro Fresh Washi Tape across the top because I accidently smudged some Coastal Cabana ink up there. Covered that right up!
Spine—I adhered some of the Retro Fresh Washi Tape around the spine before adhering it (this time on purpose!). Instead of Candy Dots, I added Rhinestone Jewels to the tops of the Candy Dot Brad Bases. I love that look!
Film—The Baked Brown Sugar filmstrip focal point is die-cut using the On Film Framelits. I adhered a 2-1/2 x 2-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla to the back of the film with Multipurpose Adhesive and stamped the Peachy Keen phrase in Coastal Cabana.
Camera—You have to create this element in reverse. The framelit for the camera is a solid die, meaning you can't see through it to position it over a stamped image. TIP: Cut your die-cut camera shape out first, then ink your stamp, lay it right side up on the table and lay your die-cut on top of it to get the stamped image. It actually lines up easier than you might think.
Background Layers—I love the textures and patterns layered behind the focal point. The bottom is decorated with a 6" x 1-1/2" piece of Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper. For a little whimsy, I added some Coastal Cabana Ruffled Ribbon along the top of the DSP.
TIP: Lay down a line of Sticky Strip on your cover, then add the ribbon to it. Don't add the Sticky Strip to the ribbon, because it's nearly impossible to peel the backing off of it. Trust me.
The new Arrows Texture Impressions Folder gives a nice coordinating texture to the final 6" x 3/4" Tangerine Tango card stock layer.
Arrow Details—To finish the project, I added a couple of Peachy Keen arrow elements stamped in Coastal Cabana and Tangerine Tango, then die-cut with the On Film Framelits. A few more Rhinestone Jewels add the perfect sparkling touches.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Peachy Keen (wood) OR Peachy Keen Bundle (wood)
- Ink—Coastal Cabana, So Saffron and Tangerine Tango Classic Ink
- Paper—Retro Fresh DSP; So Saffron, Coastal Cabana, Tangerine Tango and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Clear Envelopes, Retro Fresh Washi Tape, Candy Dot Brad Bases, Rhinestone Jewels, Coastal Cabana Ruffle Stretch Trim
- Tools—On Film Framelits OR Peachy Keen Bundle (wood), Arrows Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Sticky Strip, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Order The Peachy Keen Class-To-Go Kit Now! Pre-paid registration deadline is January 25, 2014. Or, sign up for all 5 of my Spring Spectacular Classes to be part of my Club and earn Hostess Benefits! Contact me!
Too Cool Events!
- January Spring Spectacular Registration—Ends Jan. 25
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- "Last Thursdays" Class—January 30
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—February 6
Don't Miss These!
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion Begins—Janaury 28, 2014
- Clearance Rack Blitz—While supplies last!
- NEW Arrivals—See the latest product releases!
- Whole Lot of Love—Valentine's products available through Jan. 27.
- Weekly Deals—New specials start every Tuesday!