Poppin' Pastels is a fun technique to try with background stamps. I used it with the Bella Toile stamp and loved the combination of So Saffron, Gray and Baroque Burgundy colors that I made it my focal stamped image! Trimmed with a gray Taffeta Ribbon and a Burgundy Scallop Edge Border, it is delicate and pretty. The greeting is from Heard From The Heart, stamped with VersaMark and embossed in silver.
The decorative paper I used is no longer available, but you could easily use the So Saffron Patterns Designer Series Paper.
Have You Tried Patterns Designer Series Paper?
Sometimes, I think these single-color paper packs are overlooked in the catalog, but they are SO handy to have in the craft room. Each package has 12 sheets, two each of six double-sided prints, all in one color! There are 14 colors to choose from, including all six In-Colors.
Top 5 Reasons To Love Patterns DSP
5. Adds a quick layer of "texture" to cards.
4. Buy a color or two that matches your favorite Designer Series Paper to extend the number of sheets you can use in a themed scrapbook for backgrounds or borders.
3. Use them to line your envelopes in colors that match your project.
2. They have some great prints to use for masculine cards.
1. With the popularity of paper flowers, these patterns are fantastic for creating a matching punched and scrunched flower, or maybe one of the Rolled Flowers currently featured on Splitcoast!
David Letterman I'm not. But, I seriously love these papers!