Hi Stamping Friends!
It's Day 4 of my Fabulous Faux Patina Week! Are you feeling inspired! Have you tried Faux Patina? I'd love to hear what you think in the Comments Section below (click here to comment if you're reading this by email). Your comment also gives you a chance to win a Monogrammed Post-It Notes Holder.
Faux Patina Technique Supply List
- Any Texture Embossing Folder
- Gold Embossing Powder or Silver Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- 4 colors of Classic Inks that blend well together (one light, two medium shades, one dark shade)
- Optional, but highly recommended: Gorgeous Grunge (wood) stamp set
Order all your Faux Patina Supplies at my Online Store!
Faux Patina Week Fun!
I've got lots of exciting things going on this week. See my Faux Patina Fun Page for complete details:
- Daily Prizes—Leave a comment for a chance to win a Monogrammed Post-It Notes Holder!
- Mystery Hostess Contest—Enter to win by placing a $50 order at my Online Store!
- FREE Embossing Folder—When you order $75 at my Online Store!
Congratulations to… DEBBIE who wrote:
"These color combos are stunning. Such a creative technique with beautiful results."
I'm giving away another Post-It Note Holder tomorrow, so be sure to leave a comment today on my blog post (<<<click here if you're reading this in an email to get to my post).
Each pair of two cool projects I'm showing this week started with a
1/4 sheet of either Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock. I created
the background on the sheet first, then cut up the sheet to use on two
(click to enlarge to see the details up close)
I love the vanilla Pretty Prints texture detail on the background, and that butterfly is so brilliant and awesome! I die-cut it with the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die from my Faux Patina sheet, created with gorgeous colors from a sunset. Here's how…
Step-by-Step Faux Patina Recipe:
- Ink Pretty Prints Impressions Folder with Crumb Cake ink, and emboss Very Vanilla card stock.
- Sponge on Crisp Canteloupe Ink
- Sponge on Summer Starfruit Ink
- Sponge on Strawberry Slush Ink
- Sponge on Early Espresso Ink.
- Stamp the splatter and splotchy images from Gorgeous Grunge (wood) stamp set with VersaMark Ink over entire piece.
- Sprinkle on Gold Embossing Powder and heat with a Heat Tool until glossy and smooth
Learn how to Faux Patina on my Faux Patina Video Tutorial!
I added a 5th color to the mix and I love how it turned out. Don't be afraid to add additional colors that will blend well with each other. The more ink you add, the richer the details and the more distinct the texture becomes.
First, I wrapped the bottle with some Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper, then I cut a smaller piece of my Faux Patina background and tied it around over the top.
Here you can see where I die-cut the ends of my paper with the Deco Labels Collection Framelits, then punched a hole with the Itty Bitty Shapes circle punch for the Very Vanilla Seam Binding to thread through. The ribbon goes underneath the textured element, then ties in a bow on the back. I used some adhesive behind it to keep it in place, too.
I popped up that focal point on a Deco Labels Collection Framelits die-cut in Early Espresso, and I added just a small strip of my Faux Patina paper to the center of it.
Don't forget to decorate the top of the jar when you alter it! I punched out a 1-3/8" Circle and adhered it with Multipurpose Glue. It's all in the little details!
Do You Have A Question About Faux Patina?
Be sure to stop back tomorrow for Day 5 of Fabulous Faux Patina Week when I'll be doing a little Q&A on the questions I've received about Faux Patina. Leave your questions and comments below for your chance to win a Monogram Post-It Holder!