So, a couple days ago I showed you a quick & easy note card holder for 3×3" Mini Note Cards. Today, it's another quick & easy project, this time for 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" cards!
This card box holds 6-8 standard-size cards with envelopes.
It's held closed with a matching belly band.
Quick & Easy Card Holder Box How-Tos
- Start with a 6×11" piece of card stock.
- Score along the 11" edge at 3-1/8", 3-1/2", 8", and 8-3/8".
- Run the short end through the Big Shot with the Adorning Accents Edgelits Die.
- Add any stamping or decorating before adhering the sides.
I added the fancy border stamp from Bordering On Romance that coordinates with the fancy border Edgelit. I also wheeled a Love Blossoms (still available from the Holiday Mini) pattern across the top of the closing flap for some additional, subtle texture.
The bottom front of the box is covered in Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (a FREE Sale-A-Bration selection!)
- To create the sides, cut two 3-1/8" x 1-1/8" pieces, scored at 3/8" and 3/4".
- Add Sticky Strip to the outside edges.
- Attach the sides panels to the sides of the box, as shown above.
- The belly band is 1-1/2" x 11", and scored at 2-5/8", 3", 7-1/2", and 7-7/8". Adhere ends with Sticky Strip.
I topped the belly band with a Lucky Limeade Scallop Circle punch embellishment. It's layered with a 1-3/8" Circle punch stamped with an image from Fresh Vintage (another Sale-A-Bration selection), and a Boho Blossoms flower punched from Twitterpated DSP. A Large Pearl accents the center.
Now, I just need to create some matching cards to go inside for another fabulous gift!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Bordering On Romance, Fresh Vintage (SAB selections), Love Blossoms Wheel
- Ink—Baha Breeze Classic Ink
- Paper—Everyday Enchantment DSP (SAB selection), Twitterpated DSP, Baja Breeze, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Large Pearls
- Tools—Adorning Accents Edgelits, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Simply Scored Tool, Dimensionals, SNAIL
See all Sale-A-Bration (SAB) selections in the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF.
Shop online for these and more new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
* * * * *
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50—For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $150 and earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Tote. Host a workshop of $400, earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Bundle. All this, plus the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive $50 off your Starter Kit! Plus, receive FREE Designer Series Paper or digital download EVERY month for the rest of 2012! Sign up today!