FREE SHIPPING On Everything—Starts Today!
CONTEST: Enter To Win Hostess Benefits!
During the FREE SHIPPING promotion, be sure to order through my Online Store using the Hostess Code 49JUFEKN
at the end of your order. If you do, you'll automatically be entered
to win Hostess Benefits from all the orders placed with this code! The
more entries, the higher the Hostess Benefits!
You must place your online order at my Online Store by April 8 at noon to qualify!
for classes and clubs do not qualify. US residents only. If all of the
combined qualifying orders do not total at least $150 before shipping
and tax, then no Hostess Benefits will be given away.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Finally, our weather here in Indiana is warming up today to feel like Spring! Yay! It's the perfect day to feature this April showers card that we created at my "Last Thursdays" class, especially since there's a chance of showers!
CASEd from Amy Storrie at Stamped With Joy.
These two cool cards feature cute images from the Rain or Shine stamp set. I think those umbrellas are completely delightful.
If you have any baby or bridal showers coming up, this is a must-have set for you. I don't, but I still couldn't resist it for a "thinking of you" card.
My card base starts with Pacific Point with a 5-1/4" x 4" Whisper White background that's texture embossed with the Cloudy Day Folder.
I used the cheerful Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper to create the two multicolored banners and the Daffodil Delight Brights Patterns DSP for the third banner. These measure 5" x 1", 4-1/2" x 3/4", and 4" x 1" and all are fish-tailed.
Fish-tail TIP: Either use the corner of a Square Punch, or use Paper Snips to cut up the center then snip from the corner to the center.
The focal point is a little tricky to get lined up and centered. Here's what I recommend:
- Stamp your sentiment in Pacific Point onto a 3-1/2" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock about a 1" up from the bottom edge.
- Die-cut the sentiment with the Oval Collection Framelit so it can be perfectly straight and as close to the bottom as possible.
- Stamp the umbrella in Melon Mambo as close to the top of the oval as you can, leaving just a small white border.
- Finally, stamp the handle in Lucky Limeade…there should be just enough room.
Don't forget to add an Itty Bitty Punch flower in Daffodil Delight, accented with a baby Pearl Jewel. How cute! No umbrella is complete without one!
Layer the stamped piece onto a Lucky Limeade oval that's been pierced with the Occasions Piercing Pack.
For this orientation, I could only emboss the clouds on the top of the card (if they were going to float in the right direction), so I layered the same Designer Series Papers to cover up the non-embossed part at the bottom. I used the backs of the same strips this time, and I love the umbrella patterned banner that coordinates! Perfect!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Rain or Shine
- Ink—Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, and Lucky Limeade Classic Ink
- Paper—Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP; Brights DSP Stack; Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Cloudy Day Texture Impressions Folder, Ovals Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Piercing Tool, Piercing Mat, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Dimensionals,
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—April 8
- Wow Techniques Class—April 12
- Sale-A-Bration Celebration FREE Stamp Camp—April 20, 1-3pm
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Class—April 25
Limited-Time-Only Promotion Quick Links
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Subscribe to this monthly kit by April 10.
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- This & That Products—Sneak peak discounted bundle thru April 30.
- A Round Array Bundle—New catalog sneak peek thru May 30.
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player. Ends May 31.
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store. Ends May 31
NEW Product Quick Links