PLEASE NOTE: "Last Thursdays" Class Rescheduled For Wednesday, April 3
My awesome "Last Thursdays" class "regulars" are being kind enough to allow me to watch my Indiana Hoosiers play in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday night instead of having class that night.
I'd like to give an extra BIG thank you to everyone who has so graciously been inconvenienced in order to allow me to enjoy a fun (hopefully) night of basketball! This crazy IU fan truly appreciates it! As a thank you, everyone who attends next Wednesday's class (whether you're a "regular" or not) will get an extra project to create at no charge! Go Indiana Hoosiers!
Jodi Geers' Swallowtail Thumping project from yesterday inspired me to create a similar card project for a recent private class. You know I had to have some butterflies, since that's my theme for this month.
Well, my hostess (*waves to Angie*) said she liked purple, and I thought this would be a perfect card to customize to a purple color combination. Plus, you probably already know that I love me some purples, too!
I started by inking the Swallowtail stamp with the lighter Wisteria Wonder ink. Then I used the Thumping Technique by tapping Island Indigo and Elegant Eggplant markers on the rubber before stamping onto the 5" x 3-3/4" Whisper White card stock. Wow! I love the color variations! Yesterday's post tells more details about Thumping.
I layered this onto a 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" piece of Elegant Eggplant, so just a thin frame would be showing.
I was gonna stop there, but I just couldn't do it! I had to add some bling! So, I got out my 2-Way Glue Pen and some Dazzling Diamonds to glitter it up! I used the glue sparingly, keeping it somewhat symmetrical on both sides. Awesomeness!
For my second card, I also added some thumping with the Rich Razzleberry marker, which I love even more!
The Blooming With Kindness sentiment is inked in Island Indigo and really complements that butterfly so nicely.
You can see in this photo that I popped up the entire stamped and matted layers with a gazillion Dimensionals, too.
Are You feeling The Swallowtail Love? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I never thought of this huge butterfly as being versatile, but I've come to absolutely love it. It's mostly because the image is so gorgeous on it's own that you don't have to do much to have an amazingly beautiful card.
Seriously, if you don't have this one yet—Get It! I promise that you won't be disappointed!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Swallowtail, Blooming With Kindness
- Ink—Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant and Rich Razzleberry (card #2) Markers; Wisteria Wonder and Island Indigo Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription. Sign up by April 10.
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- A Round Array Bundle—New catalog sneak peek thru May 30.
- NEW Price on MDS—Now only $19.95 for full software & content!
- The Basics Online Class—34 project lessons, only $14.95
- Photopolymer All-Clear Stamps—New Designer Typeset set!
- Fabric Frenzy—50% off all fabrics thru March 31.
Events—Mark Your Calendars!