Another one of my favorite retiring Designer Papers is the delightful Flirtatious Specialty Paper!
Not only does it include light and cheery doily patterns on the paper, but it also has two 12×12" sheets of laser-cut doilies that can be cut apart and used as intricate embellishments. Those die-cuts are in Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo, but the backs are white, so you can customize the colors if you want by adding Classic Ink. Love the versatility!
I wanted to do one last Too Cool project with this awesome paper! So, I created Two Cool covered composition notebooks! What started as this…
was turned into this…
Too Cool Stamping original design.
OOOhhhh! Pretty, pretty, pretty! Now, I'll be able to enjoy this paper for a little longer with these handy notebooks! Let's take a closer look!
Covering The Compostion Book
- I cut a 2-1/2" x 9-3/4" piece of the Wisteria Wonder design and adhered with Sticky Strip to the spine of the book.
- Next, I adhered a 6-1/4" x 9-3/4" piece of the multicolor doily design to the front cover, and another to the back cover, with Sticky Strip.
- Use Paper Snips to trim around the corners and any paper that's hanging over the edge.
- Use a Sanding Block around the edges to smooth the paper into the chipboard cover. Run the block in one direction only, from the paper toward the chipboard. If you run it the other direction, it will pull the paper away from the chipboard.
TIP: I used exact composition book dimensions, but if you have trouble getting it on straight, you could adhere paper that was slightly larger than the front and trim it down to size.
Now it's time to dress up the cover! Oh, I had LOTS of fun doing this!
- I added a 9-5/8" strip of Whisper White punched with the retiring Lace Ribbon Border Punch.
- I tied on three coordinating ribbons with staggered knots: Melon Mambo Scallop Polka Dot Ribbon, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, and Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon.
The doily flower was all kinds of fun to make! Check out all of those layers, with each one popped up with Dimensionals! Let's start from the bottom and work our way up…
- The bottom layer is actually two of the Flirtatious die-cut doilies, overlapping each other and scrunched a bit to form a base.
- Next, I inked another Flirtatious doily with Wisteria Wonder ink.
- I used another Flirtatious die-cut, but this time I cut it down to a smaller size before I inked it with Daffodil Delight ink.
- The next layer is a Whisper White punch from the retiring Triple Layer Doily Punch. It coordinates perfectly!
- The top layer is created by sewing the Melon Mambo Scallop Polka Dot Ribbon into a rosette shape. I used an extra-large needle with White Baker's Twine as my thread, and simply sewed in and out of the holes that are already along the edge of the ribbon. My ribbon was about 3" long. Sew along the entire edge, pull tight, and knot.
- I added a matching In Color Designer Brad to the center before attaching to the top.
- I added a sentiment from the retiring Inspired By Nature stamp set for my notebook title.
- Don't forget the Rhinestone Jewel bling…always a must!
- I decorated the inside, too! I used a 1-1/2" x 9-3/4" strip of Wisteria Wonder paper, and 6-1/2" x 9-3/4" of the Daffodil Delight paper.
- Since the ribbons were wrapping around anyway, I continue the Lace Ribbon Border punch accent inside, as well.
- I added a large Melon Mambo die-cut, plus another one that was trimmed down.
- The third small doily accent is a stamp from Delicate Doilies in Wisteria Wonder ink, punched with a 3/4" Circle Punch.
- More Rhinestone Jewels in the doily centers.
- More Delicate Doilies are stamped on the first few pages of the notebook.
- The inside back cover is also decorated, but I left off Rhinestone Jewels because I figured they would be bumpy to write on.
- I left the back decorated very simply.
Mini Composition Notebook
I love the idea of having a matching mini notebook…it makes a fabulous gift set!
- The Daffodil Delight spine measures 2-1/4" x 4-1/2". Adhered with Sticky Strip.
- The Wisteria Wonder pieces measure 2-1/2" x 4-1/2". Adhered with Sticky Strip.
- I simplified this one to include only one Melon Mambo Scallop Polka Dot Ribbon and a Whisper White Lace Ribbon Border punch.
- The "create" sentiment is from the retiring Charming stamp set. It's stamped in Melon Mambo on Whisper White, then double-punched with the Decorative Label Punch to create a mini shape, and accented with Rhinestone Jewels.
- The sentiment is on a layer of two, overlapping Flirtatious DSP punches. They are each double-punched from the Decorative Label Punch.
Only 2 More Weeks! Order retiring stamp sets and accessories today at my Online Store!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Inspired By Nature (retiring, book #1), Charming (retiring, book #2), Delicate Doilies (book #1)
- Ink—Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight Classic Ink and Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo Markers.
- Paper—Flirtatious Specialty Paper; Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, Melon Mambo Scallop Polka Dot Ribbon, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding (coming soon), Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon, Printed In Color Designer Brads, White Baker's Twine.
- Tools—Sanding Block, 3/4" Circle Punch (book #1), Triple Layer Doily Punch (retiring, book #1), Decorative Label Punch (book #2), Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Paper Snips, Extra-Large Needle, SNAIL, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip
Retiring Items Quick Links: