Today we're doing a little two-steppin' with the delightful, soon-to-retire Awash With Flowers stamp set!
It's the perfect style of stamp set for the chalkboard technique using the soon-to-retire Stampin' Pastels!
We'll be creating these Two Cool cards at my May Stamp Club on Friday night! I had forgotten how much fun this technique can be! And, it really produces a beautiful focal image. Let's take a closer look at the technique first.
Two-Step Stamping Chalkboard Technique
- Stamp a bold image with White Craft Ink onto any color of darker card stock. I love using black because the colors really pop!
- Use cotton ball to dab on Stampin' Pastels color onto the images. Dab until the image is covered with color, then you can rub the pastels on until it's a bold, bright color. TIP: Use a cotton swab or one of the sponge applicators that come with the Stampin' Pastels to add color to smaller areas.
- Gently wipe the entire piece with a tissue to get rid of excess pastels residue. You won't get all of the color off of the card stock, but the soft, halo of colors is part of the effect.
- Stamp over the pastel colored images with the coordinating line art images from the two-step stamp set in White Craft Ink. If you aren't using a two-step stamp, you can add white highlights with a White Gel Pen for a similar effect.
The first card I created shows the chalkboard technique with two-step stamping in White Craft Ink and White Gel Pen highlights.
I simply added dots of white to accent each flower.
The second card also uses the White Craft Ink for the outline stamps, but I added accents of Dazzling Diamonds with a 2-Way Glue Pen for sparkly details!
I LOVE the way this one turned out…I think because I'm addicted to bling!
Other Card Details: The background on the second card is texture embossed with the retiring Finial Press Impressions Folder. Both cards also have a Whisper White decorative border created with the retiring Eyelet Border Punch.
The sentiment was stamped from Teeny Tiny Wishes, then punched with the Modern Label Punch and sponged with more White Craft Ink.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Awash With Flowers (retiring), Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Ink—White Craft Ink
- Paper—Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Basic Black card stock
- Accessories—Stampin' Pastels (retiring), Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Finial Press Impressions Folder & Big Shot (card #2), Eyelet Border Punch (retiring), Modern Label Punch, Cotton Balls & Swabs, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
* * * * *
Don't wait! Order retiring stamp sets and accessories today at my Online Store!
Retiring Items Quick Links: